Relationship Manager - SMB
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Front is on a mission to enable better relationships at scale. Relationships are everything in business, but they’re hard to maintain as a business grows because traits like trust, compassion, and empathy are human qualities that have been difficult for technology to scale. We’ve reimagined the way businesses communicate by bringing customer conversations to the center of one’s focus. Today, nearly 8,000 businesses have discovered that they can still grow their business and keep the human touchFront is on a mission to make work happier with the first-ever customer communication hub.
With $204M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, Zoom, and PagerDuty. Front has received numerous Great Place to Work accolades, including Y Combinator's list of Top Companies in 2023, #4 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces in the Bay Area™, Inc. Magazine's 2022 Best Workplaces list, Forbes Best Startup Employers 2022 List, and Best workplaces for Millennials 2022 list.
As a Relationship Manager you’ll be focused on building deep relationships with our SMB customers. You will serve as the primary point of contact, helping our existing customer base evangelize Front across their organization. You will be responsible for renewals and expansion, as well as, ensuring the clients overall success with Front. You’ll play a vital role in the customer journey as the customer’s main advocate and advisor, influencing account admins, end users and decision makers.
What will you be doing?
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Drive Front product adoption to achieve our best-in-class retention and expansion goals
- Evaluate opportunities to increase customer satisfaction, expansion, and retention
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Sales, Support and Marketing to ensure customers have the full power of Front behind them
- Ensure successful delivery of technical and business value propositions according to customer needs
- Provide creative problem solving for complex workflows and use cases
- Ensure long term client satisfaction and reference-ability
- Be the voice of the customer to the product and go-to-market team
What skills and experience do you need?
- 2+ years of sales or customer success experience
- Clear and thoughtful communicator with excellent verbal and written skills. You value storytelling and can explain complex issues in simple terms and adapt your tone for different users
- Comfortable giving presentations to groups of any size and audience - from every day end-users of the app to a high level executive
- Polished relationship builder, passionate about driving value for customers and positively impacting the working lives of people in large organizations
- Ample experience building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders (internally & externally), including C-suite executives and IT / technical influencers across customer base
- Proven track record of pipeline/forecast management
- Great problem solving skills by taking a consultative approach to finding the best solution
- Naturally curious and consistently determined - a proactive hunter for new use cases inside the install base
- This is a hybrid position required to come into our Chicago office 2 days per week — on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
What we offer
✨ Competitive salary
🤝 Equity (we are post-series D & backed by some of the best VCs in the US)
🏥 Private health insurance fully covered by Front
💪 Flexible Fridays - learn more here!
🏡 Flexibility to work from home 3 days/week (unless posted as a full-remote role)
🛋 Mental health support with Modern Health
🍼 Family planning support with Maven
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
See more open positions at Front
Something looks off?