Senior Software Engineer
Workable makes software to help companies find and hire great people. We get recruiting and its role in building healthy workplaces — which is why we’re proud more than 20,000 teams around the world use Workable to do exactly that.
And while we take recruiting seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. At Workable, you’ll find smart people who have fun, learn and innovate, and help others do the same. We brainstorm, we laugh, and, occasionally, we party (there’s a lot to celebrate), but we also appreciate people’s need for quiet time and focused work. We respect everyone, we hire the best, and make sure every experience is special.
We’re growing fast so we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our remote Product team!
We are proud of our strong engineering culture and the dogged emphasis on customer-centric design. We're working on all sorts of exciting areas of application development: web, mobile, infrastructure, performance, UI/UX design, integrations with dozens of web services, API development, modern front-end frameworks, scalability, video, natural language processing, data science and usability engineering. Agile methodology and test-driven development are not things we read about in blogs, it's what we do every day!
Our technology stack consists of Rails, Node and Java apps based on PostgreSQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Redis and Elastic deployed on Kubernetes and GCP. We're looking for developers in all fields of SaaS application development. We have several teams working on different areas from the core application to mobile/tablet applications, integrations, natural language processing, data science and video technology. We will find the right team for you depending on your skills and technology interests.
- A minimum of three years of full time industry experience developing and maintaining software systems in production (preferably using Ruby, Node or Java)
- A strong background in relational database theory and excellent knowledge of Relational Databases (Postgres, MySQL, SQL server, Oracle)
- Familiarity with NOSQL storage (MongoDB, Redis, Elastic, etc.)
- A firm grasp of multi-threading, object-oriented design and asynchronous programming
- Skilled in testing (unit/integration)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Being passionate about web technologies
Aside from these basics, we'll give extra credit to candidates that have experience in any of the following:
- Knowledge of modern frontend frameworks
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art information security practices
- Familiarity with Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience with Amazon AWS platform or Kubernetes
- Experience with Elasticsearch in a production setup
We invest in training engineers in the technology stack we use. If you're an exceptionally good engineer who wants to work in a world-class software company, you're in the right place.
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging environment, we are offering:
- An attractive salary and a bonus plan
- Health insurance plan including dependents
- Mobile data plan
- Apple gear and access to the best productivity tools
- Annual retreats in awesome locations
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to colour, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.