Senior Frontend Engineer
Workable makes software to help companies find and hire great people. We get recruiting and its role in building healthy workplaces — which is why we’re proud more than 20,000 teams around the world use Workable to do exactly that.
At Workable, you’ll find smart people who have fun, learn and innovate, and help others do the same. We brainstorm, we laugh, and, occasionally, we party (there’s a lot to celebrate), but we also appreciate people’s need for quiet time and focused work. We respect everyone, we hire the best, and make sure every experience is special.
We’re growing fast so we’re looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our Engineering team!
If you want to be part of the best engineering team, if you like working in a product oriented mindset and at the same time want to get your hands dirty with latest web goodies & modern browser APIs then we want to talk to you!
What will you do on a daily basis:
- You will work on rich, responsive browser experiences, as well as mobile first applications and PWAs.
- You'll participate in product design and develop exciting new features.
- You'll code in TypeScript & ES10 using the latest React and CSS frameworks.
- You'll be able to deliver reusable code and enrich our in-house UI framework.
- You'll optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability by employing all tools available to achieve great performance and UX (i.e. offline storage, application cache, service workers, etc...).
- You'll need to apply traditional CS patterns like pub-sub and discover new ones like reactive programming.
- You'll take advantage of existing technologies and be able to apply these to a variety of projects. Think of module federation and micro-frontends in general.
- You’ll be responsible to establish best practices, suggest new technologies, design and deliver high quality solutions.
- We value quality engineers, not the tools they have used. While React is our preferred framework, if you have experience with other frameworks please do apply.
- Solid understanding of styling and applying design to web pages using HTML5, CSS3/4
- Love for coding polished interactive experiences that delight users and showing attention to detail in UX
- Being proficient with Git
- Being confident with unit and integration testing
- Bonus: Being comfortable with Typescript
- Bonus: Good understanding of SEO principles
- Bonus: Experience with web accessibility
- Bonus: Experience with design documents and technical writing
- Bonus: Experience with creating and managing CI/CD pipelines
We invest in training engineers in the technology stack we use. If you're an exceptionally good engineer who wants to work in a world-class software company, you're in the right place.
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging environment, we are offering:
- An attractive salary and a bonus plan
- Health insurance plan including dependents
- Mobile data plan
- Apple gear and access to the best productivity tools
- Annual retreats in awesome locations
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to colour, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.