Workable makes software to help companies find and hire great people. We get recruiting and its role in building healthy workplaces — which is why we’re proud more than 20,000 teams around the world use Workable to do exactly that.
And while we take recruiting seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. At Workable, you’ll find smart people who have fun, learn and innovate, and help others do the same. We brainstorm, we laugh, and, occasionally, we party (there’s a lot to celebrate), but we also appreciate people’s need for quiet time and focused work. We respect everyone, we hire the best, and make sure every experience is special.
We’re growing fast and we want to make sure that we scale from thousands to hundreds of thousands so we’re looking for an iOS Engineer to join our Mobile team!
If you are excited with mobile technologies bring your passion for iOS and join an exceptional engineering team that crafts the best recruiting product in the world. Become part of a company that invested on mobile from the very start and now needs your help to double down on that. It's great to be an engineer in a company that values good engineering above all.
This is an opportunity to join a world-class software company and a great team that passionately believes in what it does. You'll participate in product design, enrich our mobile team and help us improve our product by developing exciting new features with an amazing UI!
What you’ll be doing
- You'll help us take Workable for iOS to the next level
- You will be part of a cross-functional agile team with well established processes
- You'll be working with the latest Swift version and all its new shiny features on a brand new MacBook Pro
- You will be participating in code reviews, pair programming sessions, design meetings and brainstorming sessions
- You’ll work with a robust CI pipeline at your disposal
- You’ll be coding against a well defined REST API which you're by all means welcome to improve
- You'll have the chance to profile every aspect of your code, in order to achieve smooth UX, a low memory footprint and save on the battery
- You’ll create software that is used daily by thousands of users
- When modelling an application on the client, a whole new kind of issues arise and properly depicting the problem domain inside a mobile app is no trivial task. That's why we'll need you to employ old patterns like pub-sub and discover new ones like functional reactive programming. In short, we like to view software engineering as a whole and use the best tool for the job.
- Expect to use some of the latest toys and buck the trends at the same time.
- Solid understanding of the iOS SDK and frameworks like as UIKit, GCD
- Experience with Auto Layout
- Proficient with Swift
- Experience with TDD and testing frameworks
- Deep understanding of the native mobile apps ecosystem
- Experience with connecting iOS applications to back-end services via RESTful APIs
- Good understanding of threads and memory management
- Be really comfortable with Git
- Be inventive and expect to deal with problems where the solution is not a google search away
- Love creating user-centric apps that people actually use - we’re product-oriented developers
- Passion for elegant and intuitive user interfaces
What would be great
- Familiarity with functional programming concepts and practices or experience with a reactive programming framework like RxSwift or Combine
- Experience with SwiftUI
Our employees enjoy benefits that make them more productive and contribute directly to the development of their professional skills. We want to be able to attract the best of the best and make sure they keep getting better. On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging environment, we are offering:
- An attractive salary and a bonus plan
- Health insurance plan including dependents
- Mobile plan
- Apple gear and access to the best productivity tools
- Annual retreats in awesome locations
Workable is most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to colour, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.