Senior Sales Manager, Fruits and Vegetables - Italy
Who we are:
Wikifarmer is a global platform with the mission of empowering farmers by educating them and offering them access to the open market to sell their products at fair prices.
The Problem We Are Solving:
Most farmers in the world still cultivate their fields with techniques learned from experience or taught by their ancestors, leading to non-optimum practices in terms of yield and regard to the environmental impact. Farmers produce the most valuable part of the food supply chain, but they are the ones getting the least value out of it.
How we are fixing this:
Wikifarmer is building both an educational platform and a digital Marketplace. On one side of our Platform, producers can tap into and update their agricultural knowledge and practices and on the other side they can upload their products for free, gaining immediate and direct access to domestic and international markets.
What we are looking for:
Having recently secured a new round of funding from Point Nine (Revolut, Delivery Hero, Typeform) we are starting to build out our sales team. You will be closing business with new customers and suppliers and working closely with our Athens based logistics and finance teams to ensure smooth transactions and deliveries take place. You will be the primary contact representing Wikifarmer on a national level both in Italy and further afield.
As a Senior Sales Manager in the company, your key responsibilities will be:
- Sell the platform’s fresh fruit and vegetable products to Italian customers in the food sector (Food Processing Units and Food Wholesalers)
- Acquire new accounts using a multi-pronged approach including cold calling
- Convert inbound leads to active sales
- Nurture existing accounts in your segment
- Develop and manage your pipeline and ensure data integrity using HubSpot
- Develop strong relationships with customers ( owners, supply and purchasing directors) in order to upsell and cross sell
- Building partnerships with agricultural co-operatives and independent producers, contributing to the supply side strategy of the company
- You have several years of sales experience and a successful commercial track record within the Food Wholesale/Production industry selling fresh produce
- You have a strong network of decision-making Food and Beverage Buyers
- You have a network on the supply-side (producers)
- Having export experience would be a big advantage
- You are tech savvy and can pick up new software easily - ideally you are familiar with HubSpot
- You have financial and business acumen
- You have impactful communication and presentation skills
- You are comfortable in negotiating with a long term relationship mindset
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart and you’re not afraid to build everything from scratch
- Business fluency in both Italian and English and are based either in Spain or Italy
Let's be clear; we are a start up and there's a lot to do. We need people who are proactive and self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility. Problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing requirements come part and parcel of working in this fast-paced, collaborative environment.
What we can offer you
- Fixed salary plus commission: We are open to various levels of experience and as such the salary bracket is relatively flexible. For more junior candidates (Sales Managers €34k - €45k base and for more Senior Sales Managers €45k - €70k base, dependant on location)
- Equity in the business in the form of stock options
- Private Medical Insurance in Spain, enhanced medical care in Italy
- L&D budget