Senior Software Engineer - Mobile
Who we are:
Wikifarmer is a global platform with the mission of empowering farmers by educating them and offering them access to the open market to sell their products at fair prices.
The Problem We Are Solving:
Most farmers in the world still cultivate their fields with techniques learned from experience or taught by their ancestors, leading to non-optimum practices in terms of yield and regard to the environmental impact. Farmers produce the most valuable part of the food supply chain, but they are the ones getting the least value out of it.
How we are fixing this:
Wikifarmer is building both an educational platform and a digital Marketplace. On one side of our Platform, producers can tap into and update their agricultural knowledge and practices and on the other side they can upload their products for free, gaining immediate and direct access to domestic and international markets.
What we are looking for:
As part of a team of talented engineers, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the Android and iOS mobile applications of Wikifarmer.
Your work will help Wikifarmer deliver an excellent B2B marketplace experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers, and product managers to develop and maintain Android and iOS mobile applications.
- Write clean, efficient, and well-documented code using the latest technologies and best practices.
- Test, debug, and optimise the usability and compatibility of mobile applications across different devices.
- Deploy and update mobile applications, as well as providing technical support and troubleshooting when needed.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and trends in the mobile development field, and propose new features and improvements for existing applications.
- BSc in Computer Science or similar degree.
- 5 years of experience in developing native mobile applications for Android and iOS platforms
- Proficient in Swift and Java/Kotlin programming languages
- Knowledge of mobile UI/UX design principles and best practices
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, and well-documented code
- Experience with the git version control system.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Business-level English reading and writing skills.
- Experience with RESTful APIs, Firebase, and other backend services is a huge plus
- E-Commerce or Marketplace experience would be an advantage!
What we can offer you:
- Fixed salary (€34k - €38k annual gross) plus equity in the business
- Private Medical Insurance
- L&D budget
- Ticket Restaurant vouchers (€130/month)
- Hybrid working (our office is based in Athens)