Senior Front End Developer (React)
Who we are:
Wikifarmer is a global platform with the mission of empowering farmers by educating them and offering them access to the open market to sell their products at fair prices.
The Problem We Are Solving:
Most farmers in the world still cultivate their fields with techniques learned from experience or taught by their ancestors, leading to non-optimum practices in terms of yield and regard to the environmental impact. Farmers produce the most valuable part of the food supply chain, but they are the ones getting the least value out of it.
How we are fixing this:
Wikifarmer is building both an educational platform and a digital Marketplace. On one side of our Platform, producers can tap into and update their agricultural knowledge and practices and on the other side they can upload their products for free, gaining immediate and direct access to domestic and international markets.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for developing and maintaining the front-end of our online platforms, as part of a team of talented engineers.
Your work will help Wikifarmer deliver an excellent B2B marketplace experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooperate with UX Designers and the Product Team to ensure the seamless implementation of designs.
- Participate in front-end architectural design.
- Use ReactJS and CSS to develop new features using efficient, well-documented and testable code.
- Code reviewing contributions of fellow team members.
- Maintaining technical specifications.
- BSc in Computer Science or similar degree.
- At least 5 years full time experience in Front-end Web Applications Development.
- Strong understanding of UX principles and Responsive design.
- Proven experience working with Front-end frameworks such as ReactJS / Angular / Vue.
- ReactJS knowledge is considered a strong plus.
- Experience with the git version control system.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Experience in e-commerce or Marketplace would be a huge plus.
- Business-level English reading and writing skills.
What we can offer you:
- Fixed salary (€34k - €42k annual gross) plus equity in the business
- Private Medical Insurance
- L&D budget
- Ticket Restaurant vouchers (€130/month)
- Hybrid working (our office is based in Athens)