Senior Backend Developer (PHP)
Who we are:
Wikifarmer is a global platform with the mission of empowering farmers by educating them and offering them access to the open market to sell their products at fair prices.
The Problem We Are Solving:
Most farmers in the world still cultivate their fields with techniques learned from experience or taught by their ancestors, leading to non-optimum practices in terms of yield and regard to the environmental impact. Farmers produce the most valuable part of the food supply chain, but they are the ones getting the least value out of it.
How we are fixing this:
Wikifarmer is building both an educational platform and a digital Marketplace. On one side of our Platform, producers can tap into and update their agricultural knowledge and practices and on the other side they can upload their products for free, gaining immediate and direct access to domestic and international markets.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a talented Backend Engineer (PHP) to join the Wikifarmer Engineering Team and participate in the development and maintenance of our online platforms.
Your work will help Wikifarmer deliver an excellent B2B marketplace experience.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and prototyping of architectural changes.
- Consulting with our Product Team to assess and organise the implementation of new features.
- Developing new features using well-documented and testable code.
- Evaluate system performance and identify areas of performance gains.
- Participate in code reviews, testing and creation of documentation.
- Mentor your fellow engineers.
- Help to define and implement best practices, standards, and processes for software development.
- BSc in Computer Science or similar degree.
- At least 8 years of experience in web software development.
- Strong knowledge of PHP and Object Oriented Programming principles.
- Good understanding of MySQL querying and performance optimization.
- Experience working with version control, package management and automated testing tools.
- Experience in RESTful API development.
- Good problem-solving skills, can-do attitude, taking full ownership of projects.
- Experience in e-commerce or Marketplace would be a huge plus.
- Business-level English speaking, reading and writing skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Cloud Computing Architecture.
- Experience in E-shop, Marketplace, CMS systems.
What we can offer you:
- Fixed salary (€36k - €46k annual gross) plus equity in the business
- Private Medical Insurance
- L&D budget
- Ticket Restaurant vouchers (€130/month)
- Hybrid working (our office is based in Athens)