Senior Product Manager
Posted on Wednesday, November 1, 2023
Whereabouts: We are fully-remote, global and hours agnostic. Please be aware that many of our team are based in Europe. This means we'll generally need to have at least 3 hours of work cross-over with CET and GMT. Read more about our approach to Remote working here.
Salary: Starting* at £77,000 / €88,400 globally
* If our advertised salary doesn’t suit your current expectations, just let us know. Although we do not negotiate salaries, we may be able to offer the role at a more senior level or with an alternative scope. You can read our full compensation philosophy here.
Share options: Granted with 4 year vesting.
Reporting to: Iwona Wlodarczyk, Lead Product Manager
Ask us anything: email@example.com
🌏 What Whereby is all about
The world is now 'permanently hybrid'. Flexibility is no longer an aspiration. It’s an expectation. Created with Scandinavian simplicity at heart, Whereby is a video communications company who seeks to create a world where every business can connect with its customers, wherever they are. A world where everyone has freedom and choice to interact in person, or virtually. A world where anywhere works.
🏗️ Product at Whereby
We firmly believe in the superpower of an empowered, passionate, and cross-functional product team. We are a B2B SaaS business with a strong product focus. We continuously strive to evolve our product alongside our customers, exceed their expectations, and bring them delight. We analyse data, engage with customers, prototype and iterate. Our primary goal is to discover and solve our customers' problems, rather than just building and releasing features. As a member of our product team, you will play a key role in this process and have the satisfaction of seeing your work used by millions of users worldwide.
🔍 Who we're looking for
We’re looking for a seasoned Product Manager with experience driving product-led strategy and executing it on large-scale B2B SaaS products with distributed architecture. You built products targeted at business decision makers as well as software developers. You make data-informed decisions and have a genuine passion for product reliability and scalability, while balancing the needs of the business with the desires of the customers. You enjoy collaborating with engineering, design, and customer-facing teams, and you have great abilities to process and synthesise information. You are not only creative in coming up with ideas, but you also have the persistence to drive them through to completion.
💫 Your first mission at Whereby
In a B2B context, the mutual trust between business partners is extremely important. The range of features becomes irrelevant if the customer cannot depend on a product that is critical to their business operations. Therefore, your initial objective at Whereby will be to strengthen our customers' trust by offering them practical insights into the quality of Whereby sessions, while continuously improving the reliability of the Whereby service.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role
Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on"
Your previous experience
- Have 5+ years of proven experience driving and delivering products independently from concept to launch - overseeing exploration, execution, experimentation, and go-to-market efforts. Preferably in tech startup environment in the B2B SaaS industry.
- Have a portfolio of work which demonstrates your ability to balance high-level strategy with hands-on involvement in product releases, including collaborating with the engineering team to break down releases into stories, managing dependencies and removing blockers, writing documentation, release notes, and blog posts, as well as considering pricing, packaging, and privacy/TOS aspects.
- Experience directly engaging with customers to gather feedback in a B2B SaaS business setting.
- Proficiency in leveraging data to make informed product decisions and ability to independently access and analyze data from various sources; including familiarity with SQL or a willingness to learn.
- Experience working on products with developer interfaces, such as APIs and SDKs.
- Bonus: Familiarity with network performance concepts such as bandwidth, bitrate, packet loss, and latency.
- Bonus: Experience in building products for the Online Healthcare or EdTech industries.
- We know there are many ways to grow and progress beyond just managing people. In a start-up we want, and need, to encourage people to develop their careers in lots of different ways. For these reasons we have 3 'tracks' for your career progression and you can be on any available track, progressing along the path upwards, or moving horizontally between the competencies where your interests take you.
- You can read a detailed description of our progression tracks here.
🙌 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe that talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can always read more about Whereby here on our open handbook.
Background checking: We perform background checks on certain roles. For more information about how and why we carry out background checks, this document is a great starting point. For anything further, please email email@example.com or your Talent Partner. Whereby’s background checks will be carried out by Zinc.