Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Upciti is a seed-stage, VC-backed (Point Nine, Chalfen Ventures, Demeter, Innovacom, NCI) category-defining smart city solution. Upciti supports cities of all sizes in their smart transition by simplifying the how they collect their data and process it for a better understanding of city dynamics.
At Upciti, we build everything we deploy in-house: from privacy-by-design computer vision sensors to a full SaaS solution. We have already deployed more than 2,000 sensors worldwide across 14 countries and are operating in cities such as Paris, Monaco, Florence, Montreal, and Marseille.
You can read more about us here: https://upciti.com/en/
The problem we are solving:
Getting quality urban data in order to create or improve citizens services is a challenge.
The poor quality sensors, the lack of interoperability, the multitude of companies in the data chain, and expensive solutions make deriving insight on ever evolving city-scapes incredibly complex. We are simplifying this complexity by building a tailored cost effective solution that is easy to use and fast to deploy.
How we are fixing this:
By bringing together all of the individual services needed to understand a city's various data points more efficiently, we are able to help cities deploy new services with higher relevancy and at greater speed to better serve their citizens. We manufacture our own multi use sensors, develop our own IoT management platform and we enable our customers to send their data to anyone wanting to use it by simplifying API redirections and offering full interoperability.
What we are looking for:
As we gear up to deploy an ambitious roadmap, we are hiring backend & API engineers.
Working under the guidance of the CTO and the Product Manager, you will play an
important role in shaping the direction of our product vision and strategy, ensuring we provide exceptional solutions that resonate with our customers.
What you will be doing:
As a Backend & API Engineer at Upciti, your key responsibilities will include:
• Contributing to the enhancement of our microservices and their APIs.
• Developing innovative solutions around Web-Oriented Architectures and APIs.
• Creating or proposing tools to improve the Cloud team's productivity.
• Sharing knowledge through presentations, pair programming, and more.
What experience we'd like you to have:
• 4+ years of experience in backend development in a challenging and rigorous environment.
• A track record of collaborating with multifunctional teams and influencing product decisions.
• The ability to utilize business insight, merging market intelligence with user requirements to drive product strategy and create value for users.
• Demonstrable experience in dissecting intricate challenges and tailoring strategies to build best-in-class products.
• Proven experience in mentoring and guiding teams, fostering a motivating, inclusive, and high-performance environment.
• Proficiency in our technical stack: Python, FastAPI, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Minikube, Poetry, pytest, behave, Black, mypy, and CI/CD tools like Gitab CI, Docker, and Kubernetes.
What we offer:
• Salary: 50-60K€ package depending on previous successes and proven track record.
• Remote policy : Work 2 days remotely and 3 days in our offices in Montreuil, Metro Robespierre.
Two interviews and a technical test.
Join our team:
If you are passionate about innovation, shaping the future of our company, and positively influencing city services across the globe, we would love to hear from you. Apply now to join our dynamic team and drive the next phase of our product journey.
At Upciti, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We believe that diverse teams add great value to our business, and we strive to build our teams with this mentality.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Upciti team and working together to make cities smarter and more efficient for all!