Who we are
Typeform is a refreshingly different form builder. We help over 150,000 businesses collect the data they need with forms, surveys, and quizzes that people enjoy. Designed to look striking and feel effortless to fill out, Typeform drives 500 million responses every year—and integrates with essential tools like Slack, Zapier, and Hubspot.
About the Role
As a Frontend Engineer in the Site team, this role focuses on building and maintaining the user journey to our product up until sign up ensuring an exceptional experience. The candidate will collaborate effectively with team members to work on marketing requirements, SEO improvements, optimize CI/CD pipelines, implement testing strategies, and contribute to the continuous improvement of development processes and best practices.
Things you will do:
- Develop and maintain high-quality React applications with TypeScript: Collaborate with the development team to develop, and optimize web apps (mainly public sites) using React, Next.js, and TypeScript.
- Implement and maintain styling and UI/UX best practices: Collaborate closely with Design & create reusable and responsive UI components, adhering to established design guidelines, and optimizing for performance.
- Manage and optimize CI/CD pipelines: Work closely with the team to configure, maintain, and improve GitHub Actions pipelines for continuous integration and deployment, ensuring code quality and delivery of new features and bug fixes.
- Implement and execute testing strategies: Write and maintain comprehensive unit tests using Jest, ensuring code coverage and robustness, and conduct end-to-end and screenshot testing with Cypress and VRT to validate application functionality and visual consistency.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively: Actively participate in code reviews, communicate progress and blockers to the team, and contribute to continuously improving development processes and best practices. You will be working in a team of engineers, PMs, designers, etc. all with very diverse and interesting backgrounds.
- Grow: use your annual learning budget to take courses and go to conferences. There’ll be plenty of opportunities for advancement in the role.
What you already bring to the table:
- Strong understanding of React, TypeScript, and Next.js, with the ability to build efficient and reusable components.
- Proficiency in UI/UX design principles and best practices for creating responsive and visually appealing applications.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines, preferably with experience in GitHub Actions.
- In-depth knowledge of testing methodologies and tools such as Jest, Cypress, and VRT.
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging abilities to quickly identify and resolve issues in a complex application environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and meet project deadlines.
- Proficiency in version control systems, preferably Git, to collaborate seamlessly with team members.
- Ability to write clean, efficient, and maintainable code, following best practices and established coding standards.
- Preferred Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in frontend development, with a strong background in React, TypeScript, and Next.js.
*Typeform drives hundreds of millions of interactions per year, powering conversational, human-led experiences all over the world. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind, regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We believe that by celebrating our differences, we can win together.