Senior Reporting Accountant (m/f/d)
As Europe's leading provider in the field of micromobility, TIER's mission is to change mobility for the better. And to do that, we need talents like you who love innovation and exciting challenges as much as we do. Help us make mobility more sustainable and become part of the team!
Permanent employee, Full-time
TIER Mobility is Europe's leading shared micro-mobility provider, with a mission to Change Mobility for Good. By providing people with its e-scooter, e-bike and pedal bike services, the company enables cities to create more sustainable environments and move towards a zero-emission future. Following the acquisition of nextbike, TIER is now present in 700+ cities and communities in 29 countries with a fleet of more than 315,000 vehicles. This makes TIER the largest multimodal micro-mobility operator in Europe and the Middle East. With a focus on providing the safest, most equitable and most sustainable mobility solution, TIER has been climate neutral since 2020.
TIER’s investors include SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Mubadala Capital, Northzone, Goodwater Capital and White Star Capital. For more information, visit www.tier.app.
Permanent/Full-time/Remote based out of Germany or Hungary
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT TIER
- Deliver accurate, timely and consistent preparation of monthly management accounts for the Germany, Austria and Swiss regions
- Deliver local GAAP financial statements for Austria and Switzerland
- Support the Group IFRS reporting team in the preparation of local GAAP accounts for Germany
- Own the Group’s Fixed Asset Register subledger and ensure regular reconciliation to the general ledger
- Own the delivery of monthly balance sheet reconciliations for Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Participate in Group closing and consolidation operations including of the intercompany reconciliation process and quality review of reporting packages of subsidiaries
- Facilitate answers on requests of financial data, explanations and documentation that can be used by numerous internal stakeholders
- Cooperate with local audit teams in fulfilling audit requirements and monitoring deadlines
- Build and maintain relationships with local embedded financial controllers
- Support in implementation and development of accounting and/or reporting processes, policies, procedures and systems to strengthen quality framework and finance knowledge across the organization
- Support with ad hoc requests from top management
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Competencies & professional skills:
- +5 years experience in Accounting and Financial Reporting, preferably in a public listed company or in an international accounting or Big 4 audit company
- Qualified Accountant (e.g.hold an ACCA or CPA/CA license or similar)
- German GAAP (HGB) experience is essential
- Extensive experience delivering both management and statutory reporting
- Netsuite experience is an advantage
- Fluency in English (our company language) and German is essential
- Experience in working with multi-cultural and remote teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required to assist with the analysis of complex accounting questions
- Solution focused - communication of issues found and proposals for solution at the same time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical attitude, ability to quickly learn new systems and procedures
- Ability to work well in a fast paced and changing environment
- Being a team player
- High sense of responsibility, great commitment, high flexibility, high confidentiality
- Self-motivated and results driven
THIS MAY INSPIRE YOU
- Join us at the forefront of one of the most exciting and rapidly moving industries
- We’re agile, we’re growing and so will you! At TIER, there’s space for exponential professional development and room to make a huge impact on the business going forward. We support your growth with an annual development budget
- Being part of the team means you’re part of its success. Our VSP program gives you an opportunity to have a share in the company – nothing like invested interest!
- Profit from competitive compensation combined with perks like memberships with Nilo Health
- Surf your city with free rides on our e-scooters and e-bikes
- Diversity and inclusivity is super important to us, so enjoy initiatives & programs such as #WomenofTIER & #Queer@TIER
- Expect company onboarding and team events with international colleagues from all over the world
- Benefit from flexible hours and our remote work options
- Be part of one of the fastest growing and most funded startups in Europe with a world-class team of serial entrepreneurs (Co-founder of Rebuy, Takeaway, and Coup) and high-performers (Ex BCG, Uber, JPMorgan, Delivery Hero, and more)
*Depending on the role and location your benefits may differ.
We actively encourage a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters each employee’s individuality at TIER. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for your application, regardless to your nationality, ethnic or national origin, skin color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity. Come as you are and join our ride!
In case you are living with disabilities, chronic illness or neurodiversity please inform us, to provide you with the proper assistance in the application process.
If we could spark your interest and you want to change mobility for good with us, apply now and let us know why you’re the one for the job! We encourage everyone to apply and grow with us. Even if you may not tick all the boxes of the requirements, we are happy to hear about the value you can add to the team. We are all learners!
We are looking forward to your application!