React Native Developer (EdTech)
Studocu was founded on the principle that equal access to study notes reduces inequality between students. Today, we make it easy for more than 45+ million students to share notes every month. The product was a rocket ship from day one and has shown strong product-market fit on every continent, making us a key player in the exploding EdTech space.
We are expanding our Mobile App team to bring all features loved by our students to their favourite mobile devices and to be able to create new ones that improve their experience as we go. Although the title of this role is "React Native Developer" we are also open to meeting and chatting with more Senior experts, specialists, developers and engineers who want to work on an engaging product with a mission.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with your team to plan, build, scale and maintain our app to nail our mobile expansion roadmap while maintaining high performance, robustness and excellence in code quality. This means you won’t be just coding and reviewing code every day. You’ll also be part of the processes that help us shape the product experience and ultimately turn ideas into reality through the application of your engineering skills. Our team works in two-week sprints where all developers collaborate with the Product Trio (Product Manager, Designer & Engineering Manager) to design and verify specifications whenever possible. There is much to do and you will have a lot of say in how we shape the mobile product. Ultimately, we want to create something that is helpful, reliable and looks fantastic.
What you’ll be doing here:
- Mostly Typescript in a React Native application using Redux (RTK).
- Ship new functionalities every week for a continuously changing product.
- Contribute your knowledge in the design, analysis, development and testing of mobile applications.
- Communicate with RESTful APIs to interact with our backend.
- You will also work with the Product Manager and Scrum Master to refine high-level stories before they are further presented to your team.
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback to other developers to ensure code quality.
- Write clean, efficient, tested and maintainable code that adheres to established coding standards.
Why you’ll love it here:
- Our app is expanding so you will have a lot of room to grow and learn new skills as well as a have lot of influence.
- Among other things, we are working on AI features that will help students around the globe in their studies.
- You won't be alone. There is a team of experienced React Native colleagues who will be there for you.
3+ years in full-time software development, of which 1+ years of experience in shipping React Native apps.
Experience with Typescript and React Native.
Ability to write high-performance, reusable, and fully tested code.
Experience in transforming high-level business requirements into technical specifications.
You have excellent English written and verbal communication skills and can confidently discuss design decisions at all levels.
Experience with the development of Android and/or iOS applications is a plus.