Senior Java Engineer
At Soda, we’re on a mission to bring everyone closer to the data. We believe that all stakeholders in the data (and we think that’s everyone) should be able to understand it, trust it, and stay on top of it. We are pioneering the fastest-growing category in the data and analytics space, known as data observability. We allow teams to discover, prioritize, and collaboratively resolve data issues. Our integrated platform brings everyone closer to the data, resulting in data products and analytics that everyone can trust. We’re an international team, headquartered in Brussels, Belgium and dispersed globally.
To further strengthen our team, we are looking for a: Senior Java Engineer
Who are we looking for?
The Soda engineering environment
At Soda we operate both public and private cloud deployments, all in a full CI/CD delivery model using Terraform to clouds (AWS, GCP and Azure). We have a broad overview on how data is handled in different companies as our software runs as part of their data stack. A big part of our software is open source so you’re invited to participate in that community. We use AI/ML to automate monitoring, Java and Python on the backend and Angular on the frontend. We encounter all modern data technologies like SQL, Snowflake, dbt, Spark, and Kafka.
As Senior Java Engineer, you'll develop components for our Data Monitoring Platform using following technologies:
- Java backend in a cloud native environment
- Data and analytics technologies like SQL, AWS Athena, Snowflake, BigQuery, Spark SQL and other cloud SQL engines
- Advanced CI/CD to multiple private cloud deployments
- ML / AI
- AWS, GCP, Azure
- Kubernetes, Terraform
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Automate, implement, and take ownership of backend services
- Develop, deploy, document and operate features from start to finish
- Synchronize with the rest of the team on the architecture and integration of your component into our Soda platform
Depending on your experience and ambitions, we will give you the opportunity to take more ownership and responsibility, to lead an open source community or to represent our company at conferences.
What experience should you have?
- Excellent knowledge of the modern Java landscape
- A profound background in a mix of backend, data and/or infrastructure technologies is a strong plus
- Eagerness to learn new (technical and soft) skills and share yours with the team
Interested? Let's talk!
If you think you have the right knowledge, experience and passion to join our team, please get in touch. We’d love to meet you and explore if this could be the start of something great. We offer the chance to be a part of our ambitious and enthusiastic team, working on a great solution to a big problem.
We have a strong technical team that loves to share knowledge and will help you to get started in each technology. We have an open and transparent culture that allows you to be yourself, learn and excel. To sweeten the deal, there is also an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you like working with amazing technologies and building communities, don’t hesitate and apply now.