Engineering Manager C++
We're on a mission to reinvent 3D design for the 21st century. To achieve this, we're completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. Over the past two years of high-speed growth, our Apple Design Award-winning app has been regularly featured in Apple Keynotes and commercials and demoed in retail stores around the world. But what we're most proud of is the global user base that uses our product every day. And we're backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum in doing so. By joining the Engineering Team at Shapr3D, you'll get the chance to build a top-notch product – one that's already used by hundreds of thousands of design professionals across the globe. Hence, well on its way to disrupting the 30-year-old CAD industry. Besides constructing an amazing application, we are also working hard at Shapr3D on building a world-class engineering organization.
Besides constructing amazing applications, we are also working hard at Shapr3D on building a world-class engineering organization. In our CTO's words:
“Not many people know, but computer aided design (CAD) was one of the first use-cases of computers in the 1960s. Computation has become a lot more powerful since and CAD software continues to push these boundaries. We are solving problems that were not meant to be possible before. This requires such a profound understanding of technology and a persistent effort to learn more. It’s so fulfilling to see how much people grow along this journey.” - Ákos Kapui, CTO
How would you contribute to the mission?
As an experienced engineer yourself, you would regularly review and challenge engineering design documents, establishing an environment where people can collaborate to resolve problems. You would build a team of engineers with professional excellence that can continuously release world-class products to customers
As part of the Engineering Leadership Team, you would also be responsible for strategic planning and delivering against those plans. You would act as a role model for software engineers in using leadership behaviors and creating a culture where people feel motivated
A sneak peek into our stack...
- Our cross platform CAD engine is written in standard C++17
- For our iPadOS and macOS app we build our UI and application logic in Swift
- The Windows app is written in in C# and XAML and shipped as a Universal Windows App (UWP)
- Our proprietary rendering engine is using Metal APIs on Apple devices while we use DirectX11 on Windows
In an ideal world you'll bring a bunch of these things to the table:
- Previous work experience as a software engineering manager or a development lead for a core C++ team
- Depth of knowledge in a wide spectrum of software engineering (computer architecture, operating systems, computer science, and algorithms)
- Expertise in building engineering teams with high quality and high throughput
- Know-how in managing and developing high-performing engineers and supporting people in their career growth
- Hands-on development experience in C++
- Experience with CAD is definitely a plus
And these will be true about you as they will help you thrive at Shapr3D:
- Curiosity fuels your journey
- You are dedicated to building products that break the mould
- You like to take ownership of things and to learn from your mistakes
- Use of constructive arguments to align the organization towards common goals
- Desire and determination to succeed and denial of mediocrity
- Users and data lie at the core of your technical decisions
- Users and the product come first. Team next. And your ego last
What does a successful first 6 months look like at Shapr3D?
Solving problems in our domain requires an in-depth knowledge of computer architecture, operating systems, and computer science - but more importantly you have to understand our product and domain. The first couple of weeks of your onboarding will mainly focus on learning and understanding our practices, while later it will shift towards taking on management responsibilities. You’ll be guided and mentored by experienced engineering leaders throughout the whole onboarding process.
Now let’s fast forward 6 months into the future. Your team has designed, implemented, and released multiple features to production. You’ve had countless occasions where you had to make decisions on how to best solve a specific problem. You’ve also received numerous pushbacks and feedback from your peers which eventually led to a better outcome. You also helped your direct reports to understand their strengths and weaknesses and they all feel motivated and inspired for the work that is ahead of them.
What do we offer?
- The chance to:
- become an owner of the fastest-growing design and manufacturing software startup with equity
- grow exponentially by learning from the bests in their field (we have a top ProdEng team on a global scale)
- challenge existing solutions and build the CAD of the future
- A continuously reviewed generous benefit package (company stock option scheme, a generous private healthcare package, life and health insurance, gym subscription, transportation support... and many more)
- Full relocation support if you’re not from Hungary
You can read more details about our benefit package here (https://csi.pet/6YQsB)
We are an office-first company in a remote-first world. Why? Read more about it on our website (https://csi.pet/EGxz8)
Here at Shapr3D we don’t just innovate. We create a new status quo in 3D design.
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. We’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum.
By joining us, you’ll get the chance to build and contribute to the success of a top-notch product. Shapr3D is well on its way to disrupting the 40-year-old CAD industry with our Apple Design Award winning app that gets regularly featured in Apple Keynotes. Yes. That's right. Shapr3D is one of those apps. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that grows day by day.
If all this speaks to you and you’re up for reinventing 3D design for the 21st century, we should definitely talk! And don't worry if you don't tick every single box in the requirements. We’re always looking to hire for potential and the right mindset – so we'd still love to hear back from you.
***Please submit your CV in English***