Junior Software Engineer
We’re looking for motivated backend/application development juniors or fresh graduates to join Shapr3D for 6 months from January 2024. If you are still in university or freshly graduated, join our Apple Design Award winning team as a Junior Software Engineer and learn from the bests in their field!
These 6 months are designed to challenge you and provide you with hands-on experience and development opportunities. The goal is to set you up for success at the start of your career and potentially offer you a full-time permanent position at the end of this period. This is not just another graduate program where you end up working on low-priority tasks, writing boring documentation, or fixing bugs all day. This is a program that puts you immediately on the frontline to take our multiplatform (iPadOS, MacOS and Windows) application experience to the next level: you will work on prime features that are being used by millions of users.
Within the organization
You’ll join one of the existing Product Engineering teams and will be paired with a Mentor who will help and guide you during the program. Your future team consists of people with various fields of expertise: apart from engineers, you’ll also work with our Product Management and UX Design teams.
“We don't look at graduates as if they were rookie software engineers with limited work experience. We see them as role models for curiosity and we expect them to challenge everything we do. We want them to break the mould of our existing routines and constantly bring in fresh perspectives.” - Ákos Kapui, CTO
What will you do?
- Dive into the codebase right on day one
- Develop your skills in C++, iOS, Windows or web application development
- Work on high-impact projects
- Write clean, efficient, and sustainable code that enables high speed and high quality
- Every engineer is equally responsible for engineering design, implementation, as well as unit and integration testing
- Break down complex problems and implement creative algorithms
- Collaborate with engineers across the organization to build new features from scratch
- Grow both professionally and personally through various training and development opportunities
What will you need to be successful?
- Using and relying heavily on your skills in computer architecture, operating systems, computer science, and mathematics in depth
- Solid knowledge of at least one modern, OOP programming language
- Excellent logical-analytical skills
- Curiosity and being excited to solve open-ended challenges and find innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Positive mindset and a solution-oriented attitude
- Being comfortable with working in a highly agile environment
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of delivering high-quality solutions
- Being enrolled in or already have a degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Work at least 30 hours/week with flexibility to match with your studies
- Maximum 3 years of relevant experience
- Confident English skills, both written and verbal
Teams you can join to
- In Sync and Collab teams, you would contribute to the development of cloud-based features to help our users work in groups seamlessly
- In Rendering team, you would squeeze out every bit of GPUs to make our application beautiful
- In Kernel team, you would work on basics of our 3D modelling features
- In Application Experience team, you would be a part of a team of native app developers, making Shapr3D easy to use in every supported device
- In Development Experience team, you would make other devs' lives easier, develop our infrastructure and guard the code quality
A sneak peek into our stack...
- Our cross-platform CAD engine is written in standard C++17
- For our iPadOS and macOS app, we build the UI and application logic in Swift
- Some Objective-C, mostly for gluing Swift and C++ together
- Our proprietary rendering engine uses native Metal and DirectX 11APIs
- Our microservices are written in Go and run on AWS, using serverless building blocks
- For data storage, we use PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, and S3
- The web frontends are built with TypeScript and React
What do we offer?
- The chance to:
- receive stock options retrospectively from your first day - upon getting a full-time offer at the end of the 6 monts - making you essentially an owner of the company
- grow exponentially by learning from the bests in their field (we have a top ProdEng team on a global scale)
- challenge existing solutions and build the CAD of the future
- A continuously reviewed generous benefit package after you complete the 6 months program (private healthcare package, life and health insurance, gym subscription, transportation support, dog daycare allowance... and many more)
Please note for this role, we provide visa sponsorship for applicants already living in Hungary.
- Application - ends on the 23rd of October
- Screening call with a recruiter
- Assessment Center - early November
- Signing contract - end of November
- The program starts - January 2024
Here at Shapr3D we don’t just innovate. We create a new status quo in 3D design.
To achieve this, we’re completely reimagining legacy computer-aided design (CAD) tools with an iconic, mobile-first product. We’re backed by top European VCs Point9 Capital and Creandum.
By joining us, you’ll get the chance to build and contribute to the success of a top-notch product. Shapr3D is well on its way to disrupting the 40-year-old CAD industry with our Apple Design Award winning app that gets regularly featured in Apple Keynotes. Yes. That's right. Shapr3D is one of those apps. But what we’re most proud of is the global user base that grows day by day.
If all this speaks to you and you’re up for reinventing 3D design for the 21st century, we should definitely talk! And don't worry if you don't tick every single box in the requirements. We’re always looking to hire for potential and the right mindset – so we'd still love to hear back from you.
***Please submit your CV in English***