Business Development Representative
What is REKKI?
REKKI (https://rekki.com/) is transforming the way restaurants order ingredients from their suppliers. Our mobile app makes placing orders fast, reliable and efficient.
The concept for REKKI was born in the kitchen. Our founders ran restaurants for over 10 years, and saw firsthand all the problems inherent in the industry. So in 2016 they started building an app to make the lives of chefs easier. Today REKKI is the world's largest marketplace for restaurants and suppliers. REKKI gives chefs and restaurants the power of choice in easily partnering with suppliers; enabling them to browse, order, and pay seamlessly - saving both time and money.
Our passion to better the food industry echoes right into our teams where every individual is exceptional at what they do. We’re looking for equally talented individuals who are bold, innovative, and will not settle for mediocre as we work towards making the industry radically better off.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative to join us as we continue on our journey of global expansion
As a Business Developer Representative you will be responsible for driving the sales process with prospective customers as well as working with existing accounts to grow their business on REKKI.
So what's the role?
- Build trusted relationships: You will build and maintain effective relationships by being a true partner to our users.
- Business development: You will generate new business through proactive field sales identifying areas of new opportunity in the market
- Handling objections: As with all businesses, especially start-ups, objections are as important as a sale. Part of the role is to understand these objections, communicate case studies to pacify any concerns and create solutions, and or, report back to the business for organisational learning.
- Maximise current business: You will upsell REKKI's features to existing REKKI users maximising revenue for the business.
- Generate Insights: Ability to understand the issues faced by prospects and current customers, find a solution and work with the Product team to build and launch it.
What would we like to see?
- 2+ years of experience in sales, account management or business development role with a track record of achieving critical metrics, revenue targets, and company goals
- Experience within the hospitality/food industry to really understand the problems our users are facing
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels and build long-term relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong decision making, negotiation and organisational skills
- The ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
- A strategic thinker
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt and change in a face-paced industry.
- Target driven with a can do attitude.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter (there is independent field sales work involved)
Who are we?
The REKKI team is made up of over 70 people from 22 different countries, working out of London, Amsterdam, Lisbon, and New York. We’re a team of restaurateurs, chefs, technologists and creatives working together to strengthen the restaurant industry.
Diversity & Inclusion
At REKKI we are fully committed to bringing people together from all walks of life who can contribute to & cultivate our strong team culture. We aim to empower people to do their best work and feel like they are part of something special.
We want to ensure we build an environment where people feel like they belong. We never discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status or any other legally protected status.