Director, Data Engineering & Data Science
Procurify is the leading all-in-one spend management solution that helps mission-driven organizations deliver tracking, accountability, and end-to-end workflows for expenses and spending. It’s our goal to unlock the financial potential of our customers so they can create a greater positive impact in society.
We’re looking for a Director, Data Engineering and Data Science to join our team of humble “misfits that fit”.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Procurify is looking for a motivated, creative and passionate technology leader to grow our data engineering team. Your instinct is to lead from the front, leveraging your strong engineering talents to lead a team of engineers and data scientists to evolve our core data platform. This role will lead the development of products that leverage Machine Learning/AI to help our customers with spending insights and save time through procurement automation.
Everyone at Procurify is a team player. A big part of this role involves a desire for personal growth, and a customer-centric mindset. We’re seeking entrepreneurial people who are willing to challenge the status quo and contribute to larger strategic objectives.
What you’ll be working on
- Lead, develop and hire a team of data engineers and data scientists providing them coaching, mentoring and technical guidance
- Learn and work with the best tech stack you could ask for. Our product and engineering teams work with:
- Amazon S3/Kinesis/AWS DMS
- Amazon Aurora/RDS/MySQL
- Design a scalable data-mesh architecture that supports existing data products and our business domains
- Hands on development to help design, create, evolve, and maintain scalable and efficient data pipelines, model deployment and monitoring frameworks
- Partner across Product and Engineering teams on new data requirements to create product capabilities that fundamentally rely on data models
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, including automation for data quality control and data validation, improved data delivery, and scalability
- Build complex, reusable architectures for services and systems using well-accepted design patterns that allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling
Who we’re looking for
- 3+ years in a Software Leadership role (Manager, Sr. Manager, Director), including 3-5+ years experience in a Data Engineer role
- Expertise with Data Lakehouse tech (Databricks, Photon, Apache Spark, Hive, Parquet) and Visualization Platforms (Tableau, Thoughtspot)
- Hands-on Experience in cloud technologies (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Strong understanding of data governance, security, and privacy principles.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and strong experience working with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (dynamoDB, MongoDB)
- Strong understanding of Data Science concepts in Machine Learning and Generative AI
- Comfortable leading by example and using influence to drive collaboration, documentation, and knowledge sharing across teams
- Actively mentoring and leveling up developers within the team you’re on and extending across engineering teams
- Familiar with DevOps principles such as design for manageability and root cause analysis
- Familiar working within leading software development best practices such as scrum/kanban, CI/CD, and test automation
We’re committed to helping mission-driven organizations spend smarter
We empower mission-driven organizations around the world – across industries like biotechnology, education, health care, manufacturing, and software – to achieve their goals by making their money go further.
Money is complicated, managing it shouldn’t be. We make spend management smart and simple.
You’re empowered to do your best work
We’ve created an environment where personal and professional growth is a real priority. Some of the great perks we offer include:
- Flexible working: We’re a remote-first organization with flexible working hours. Work anywhere from within Canada!
- Four-day workweek: Burnout is real. To help you restore balance between work and life, all Procurify team members work four days a week.
- Unlimited responsible time off: Work hard, play harder. All team members can take advantage of our unlimited responsible time off policy.
- Extended health benefits: Massage appointments, dental coverage, counseling… You name it, our extended health benefits program likely covers it. Take advantage and become the best version of yourself.
- Community initiatives: We have a strong commitment to community. Join one of our regular community days, donate to our Donate Your Day program, and get involved with one of our lunch and learns.
- Stock options: Everyone has a chance to own a part of Procurify!
- DEI initiatives: We regularly run a diversity, equity, and inclusion roundtable where we host guest speakers and tackle the topics that matter.
We have an amazing team
We’ve welcomed team members who were boat captains, funeral directors, swing dancers, competitive gamers, plumbers, and novelists. Everyone has a story and we’re here to embrace them!
Procurify is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any team members or applicants for employment because of race, color, disability, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity and/or expression.
If you feel like you don’t meet all of the requirements for this role, we encourage you to apply anyway. We know that feelings of imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting incredible candidates, and we certainly don’t want those feelings to get in the way of meeting you! We really want to get to know you and why you're great for the role. Please avoid including your picture and age on your resume.
Apply online today and let’s start a conversation.
To find out more about Procurify, check these resources out:
- Get to know our team through our Meet us Monday videos
- Check out what our customers are saying about us
- Read Dashed!, our official culture blog