Data Scientist - Insights (Performance Marketing)
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
We have a growing and talented data science organization, with a mission to enable the highest quality decision-making. We work throughout the company - in the product, business, and platform teams - using analysis, experimentation, causal inference, and machine learning techniques. We are uniquely placed to use data to help make better decisions and improve data literacy across Preply.
You’ll be embedded in cross-functional teams and work closely with our MarTech Product Manager, Marketeers, Tech Leads and Data Strategy teams.
Visit our Tech Radar to learn about the technologies we use at Preply!
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with marketing teams in coming up with data solutions to support the optimisation of paid marketing campaigns budgets and results;
- Support proactively the application of marketing mix, attribution and predictive models in performance marketing channels;
- Work under ambiguity by translating business problems into data solutions, understand minimum requirements and work on iterative solutions that can maximize business impact and be improved over time;
- Lead the experiments design, setup and evaluation for both A/B testing and causal inference techniques like casual impact, difference-in-difference and instrumental variables at the highest possible scale;
- Work closely with the Data Engineering department in the creation of scalable data pipelines while guaranteeing an optimal evolution of our ETL processes, as well on the adoption of new tools and frameworks;
- Contribute to cross-company initiatives in alignment with our data organization’s vision.
What you need to succeed:
- Solid experience as a Data Scientist delivering business insights and building data products;
- Experience with experimentation (design and evaluation of A/B tests);
- Experience working in Marketplaces and/or digital businesses environments, in the context of marketing or growth analytics;
- Strong coding skills in SQL and Python;
- Creative mindset and proactive attitude towards the creation and evaluation of new solutions;
- Strong curiosity, problem solving and problem finding skills;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills in English.
Nice to have:
- Previous experience developing and deploying machine learning models.
- Previous experience with causal inference techniques (e.g. causal impact, synthetic control, difference in differences, etc.)
- Previous experience with Databricks, Snowflake;
- Previous experience with Apache Spark,
- Knowledge of data orchestration tools (e.g. dbt and Airflow).
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- Access to Gympass-partnered wellness and gym centers throughout Spain to promote and support well-being and physical health;
- The opportunity to unlock the potential of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.