Head of Total Rewards
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
The People Operations team is responsible for the entire lifecycle of the employee journey at Preply, including onboarding, total rewards, HR systems and analytics as well as key HR projects such as employee engagement, career development and frameworks and others.
What you’ll be doing:
- Play a pivotal role in driving the company's high performance strategy by designing and managing competitive compensation structures, benefits packages, stock option plans and job-levelling frameworks.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive global rewards and benefits strategy aligned with the company's overall business objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment with organizational goals while ensuring a consistent and equitable approach to rewards and benefits across multiple geographies.
- Oversee the design and management of employee benefits programs, including health, retirement, wellness, and other fringe benefits.
- Continuously coach and develop a high-performing team of total rewards professionals across the globe
- Work closely with our People Partners, Talent Acquisition teams and other business stakeholders on all rewards matters regarding our employees
- Identify opportunities to design new processes and improve existing programs and the way we do things, to keep shaping powerful moments along the employee journey
- Be the key point of contact for global rewards topics as we continue to grow and hire worldwide.
- Utilise data and analytics to make data-driven decisions, track the effectiveness of rewards programs, and provide insights to senior management.
What you need to succeed:
- You have proven experience in designing and implementing global compensation and benefits strategies, ideally in a high growth, global technology scale up.
- You possess a strong understanding of job leveling, salary benchmarking, and benefits design.
- You understand stock options programs and how to optimize these in a high growth company.
- You are a creative problem solver that is able to handle large amounts of data and structure it into a meaningful analysis.
- You are a strategic thinker with the ability to influence decision-making at a senior level.
- Excellent data analysis and reporting skills.
- You know your way around global labor laws and regulations related to compensation and benefits.
- You have the ability to lead and inspire your team through multiple challenges.
- You have high levels of empathy and ability to create trust and engagement with stakeholders in and outside of HR.
- You are fluent in English (Spanish is a bonus).
Why you’ll love it at Preply
- An opportunity for personal and professional growth.
- An environment free of bureaucracy and corporate constraints
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture
- A monthly allowance for self-development on Preply.com, L&D budget and time off
- A competitive financial package with equity, generous leave allowance and health insurance
- A flexible set-up with the option of relocating to Barcelona or working remotely within a close time-zone.
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.