Senior Global People Compliance Partner
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
Our People team is responsible for the entire lifecycle of the employee journey at Preply, including onboarding, total rewards and benefits, HR systems and analytics, as well as key HR projects such as employee engagement, career development and frameworks, and others. The People Operations team is responsible for the entire lifecycle of the employee journey at Preply, including onboarding and offboarding compliance, total rewards and benefits, HR systems and analytics as well as key HR projects such as employee engagement, career development and frameworks and others.
What you’ll be doing:
- Reporting to the People Operations Manager you will be responsible for working together with the People team to assure global compliance across the full employee lifecycle
- Manage the offboarding processes for our global legal entities (US, Spain and Germany)
- Create an internal investigation process and conduct internal investigations, guiding Preply managers and people partners.
- Provide guidance in investigations and enhance accountability and fairness throughout the offboarding process.
- Ensure legal and operational compliance in multiple countries. Assist the managers and people partners on compliance topics.
- Communicate with managers and People Partners about disciplinary procedures as well as
- Create and document labor relations cases.
- Attend meetings and engage external legal advice if needed.
What you need to succeed:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Legal Studies, or a related field. With 5+ years of experience in Compliance or Labor Law. A strong orientation in employee relations is a plus.
- You are proficient in Spanish labor laws, regulations, and HR best practices, with a strong preference for candidates who possess a strong background in ensuring compliance in multiple countries (German & US Labor Law Knowledge is a plus)
- You have proficiency in conducting internal investigations, reporting findings, and guiding stakeholders. While keeping an unbiased perspective and strong documentation skills to create and maintain labor relations cases.
- You have experience in handling conciliation cases, and the capability to take cases to court when necessary and willingness to attend meetings, court proceedings and, if required, engage legal counsel to protect the company's interests.
- You have excellent communication skills to effectively guide managers, People Partners, and employees through legal topics and disciplinary procedures with sound judgment to review and approve warnings/Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs).
- You have effective problem-solving skills to address complex cases.
- You are passionate about attention to detail to ensure all cases are meticulously managed and documented.
- You demonstrate commitment to handling sensitive information with the utmost confidentiality and integrity.
- You have high levels of empathy and ability to enhance accountability, fairness, and adherence to established processes throughout the offboarding process.
- You like collaborating with global teams and cross functions.
- You are fluent in English and Spanish.
Why you'll love it at Preply
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to unlock the potential of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.