Senior Business Organic Growth Data Analyst
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team!
We have a growing and talented data science organization, with a mission to enable the highest quality decision-making. We work throughout the company - in the product, business, and platform teams - using analysis, experimentation, causal inference, and machine learning techniques. We are uniquely placed to use data to help make better decisions and improve data literacy across Preply.
You’ll be embedded in cross-functional teams and work closely with our Product Managers, Marketeers, Tech Leads and Data Strategy teams.
Visit our Tech Radar to learn about the technologies we use at Preply!
As a Senior Business Organic Growth Data Analyst , you will:
- Develop and implement data frameworks to inform and optimize our organic growth efforts including SEO, CRM, and Referral programs
- Boost virality and word-of-mouth growth by analyzing user behavior and driving teams to act on opportunities where we have high user engagement
- Create strategic insights that will help define top level roadmaps for the teams
- Collaborate with teams to assist in the definition of their KPIs leading to topline Organic Growth KPIs
- Develop and maintain dashboards to track and measure organic growth performance.
- Monitor performance, identify trends, opportunities, and follow-up with teams on actionable insights
- Examples of areas you will cover are:
- Collect, organize and interpret, utilizing statistical and analytical techniques, trends, patterns, and correlations from large SEO data sets (internal and external data)
- Cross-channel analysis, especially SEO and SEM, to identify mutual opportunities to limit cannibalization and create marketing efficiencies
What we are looking for:
- Approximately 3-5 years' experience in Business Intelligence/Analysis or within similar roles, having focused on data analytics for business growth strategy;
- Previous experience in Management Consulting / Investment Banking for fast-paced Technology companies;
- Domain of quantitative fields (statistics, mathematics, etc.); Experience in predictive modeling is not required;
- Proficient coding skills in SQL;
- Outcome-driven with a strong curiosity towards the business. Passionate about problem solving and problem finding;
- Creative mindset and proactive attitude towards the creation and evaluation of new hypotheses;
- Fluent in English and eager to work on a global product as part of a multicultural and international team.
Nice to have:
- Experience of SEO and working with third-party SEO tools e.g. Google Search Console, Ahrefs, Adwords etc.
- Previous experience in Marketplaces / digital businesses (B2B, B2C, B2B2C)
- Knowledge of Looker, Tableau, Amplitude, Snowflake;
- Extensive knowledge of several growth and retention analytics frameworks.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class