Senior Analytics and Product Led Growth Manager
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team:
We are growing exponentially year over year, and in the next months we will see exciting changes in our brand and growth strategy that will elevate how we are communicating externally what, how and more importantly, why we do things.
Our Organic Growth Marketing team has the responsibility to define and execute the best short and long-term growth strategy across organic marketing channels to support our continuous and exponential growth globally. As our Senior Marketing Manager, Product-Led Growth, you’ll redefine and build our product-based user acquisition; leveraging our product (web and app), customers and tutors to drive non-linear growth on both sides of our marketplace. We’re growth-obsessed and focused on growing our tutor and subscriber base significantly; and see Word of Mouth as a relatively untapped source that we’re ready to dive into.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a self-starter, biased for action: Balance strategy and developing conviction with quick and lean hypotheses testing to launch MVPs and iterate based on performance and feedback. Word of Mouth & Virality takes time and patience to get right, so ensuring we have a plan and evidence to constantly boost our knowledge is key.
- Be data driven: Analyze and make nuanced use of data through our in-house tools to evaluate the business impact of new features and experiences.
- Be a leader: Inspire the team with a vision and work cross-functionally to bring the programs to life. Become an authority (know the numbers inside out) and evangelize Word of Mouth to identify areas of opportunity through deep customer insight, research and data. You will be owning the performance and delivering business updates on growth, learnings and progress, so must be comfortable presenting to the Leadership Team.
- Be strategic: Translate the company mission, vision and goals into long and short-term strategy for Word of Mouth growth, across all locations and business lines (B2C, B2B, and Tutors). .
- Be collaborative and influential. Work closely with:
- Your Product, Data and Engineering teams to understand our learners and tutors, and to prioritize your feature development roadmap; ideate and optimize the conversion funnel of your existing products; and to leverage associated/relevant features from across the business that could help drive learner (B2C & B2B) and tutor virality.
- The CRM Squad to run both seasonal and always-on campaigns to optimize awareness and engagement with our Word of Mouth feature set
- The SEO squad, in particular Digital PR, to cooperate on campaigns that can generate hockey-stick shaped growth on key metrics
- The Brand Chapter, mainly our internal creative team to ensure on-brand and high-quality messaging that resonates with our target audience, elevating the results of our campaigns
- The App and Performance Marketing team to explore paid campaigns for driving additional word of mouth
- Be adaptable: You respond to changes in priorities and environment with a can-do attitude
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably a Word of Mouth/Viral/Referral Marketing role in a marketplace company.
- A solid understanding of referral marketing models, including how to measure the full impact of program changes, campaigns and new feature development
- Experience in being hands-on to drive results, both through direct product development and through strong end-to-end thinking and execution.
- Appreciation for building deep customer empathy as a critical lever to guiding campaigns, product development and referral marketing strategies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Experience delivering results in a fast paced, and rapid growth environment.
- Ability to support multiple initiatives at different phases of development.
- Strong eye for design and desire to create loveable experiences.
- Strong analytical abilities and live and breathe data.
Why you’ll love it at Preply
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.