Tutor Content Strategy & Operations Lead
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team:
At Preply we boast the largest and most diverse tutor base across all online language learning platforms and our tutors play a pivotal role in achieving our goal of unlocking human potential through learning.
As part of the Supply Operations team, you will play a critical role in setting and implementing the strategy for our Supply Content across multiple teams (ie: product, operations, data, research). You will be the end owner of Preply’s Tutor Profiles and your main goals will be identifying what content our users are looking for and enabling our supply base (tutors) to provide this content in an effort to increase user conversion and the number of lessons booked.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be the end to end owner of the vision and strategy for Preply’s Tutor Content and be responsible for leading cross functional initiatives amongst multiple teams and departments to bring strategy to life
- Work closely with product and research to truly understand and identify what content is needed to help learners choose the right Tutor and increase number of lessons booked with Preply
- Design and implement scalable, low touch processes to enable Tutors to provide content requested
- Build go to market campaigns that increase Tutor Engagement by empowering them to put their best foot forward through content
- Define and create a cohesive experience across the entire Tutor Profile (from images/videos to descriptions, categories and reviews) that is reflected across all platforms (ex: web, mobile and app)
What you need to succeed:
- 7+ years relevant experience in creating and implementing an end to end strategy (particularly within product and/or operations)
- Strong problem-solving skills. Highly analytical and performance driven
- Comfortable leading and influencing across different teams and aligning them to a common goal
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with ability to engage and influence senior management
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
Nice to have:
- Previous marketplace experience
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- Open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- Generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com;
- Learning & Development budget, including time off for your self-development;
- Competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- Flexible set-up with the option of paid relocation to Barcelona, or working remotely within a close time zone;
- Opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors from over 175 countries through language learning and teaching.
But there’s more. At Preply, we focus on doing better every day – pushing the limits of what we know is possible. And we know our purpose is strong. We’re re-engineering education, providing outstanding experiences for our global community of language learners and building authentic connections across the world. You’ll get to be a part of our online learning innovation!
Propelled by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, thanks to our best-in-class consumer and B2B products, Preply is now leading the online language tutoring segment globally and has 500+ employees of over 50 nationalities based across Barcelona, Kyiv and the US.
We do extraordinary things at Preply – and we want you to join us. If you’re committed to curiosity, love experimentation and relish the challenge of exploring new ideas, then it’s time we say:
Welcome to The World Class.
- Human: We embrace diversity by fostering inclusive environments where people feel respected and safe to express their opinions.
- Hungry: We make bold, data-informed decisions to deliver high-impact solutions for our customers.
- Humble: We experiment continuously by staying open to being challenged, learning from failures and making data-informed decisions.
- Hackers: We learn by doing, focus on things that matter and move with incredible speed to create simple, creative, and scalable solutions;
- Curious: We thrive on facing challenges, diving deep to identify root causes and uncovering insights to continuously improve.
- Learners Obsessed: We put our learners at the core of everything we do to improve the effectiveness of their language learning with us.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.