Senior/Principal Product Manager (Supply Growth)
Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 50,000+ tutors with millions of learners from all over the world. Since the company launched in 2012, students have signed up to more than 15 million lessons.
Meet the team!
As a product team, our goal is to improve the life of our students and our tutors, drive amazing learning outcomes for our learners and enable our tutors to financially thrive through the platform. And we want to do this all while generating business value for Preply so we can help even more people! We strongly believe that we can't achieve business success without our students' and tutors' success.
You will be collaborating with our Supply Operations team. At Preply we have the largest and most diverse tutor base across all online language learning platforms. Our tutors play a pivotal role in achieving our goal of unlocking human potential through learning, by teaching and inspiring millions of learners all over the world. To help tutor’s thrive, Preply’s Supply Operations team is focused on making it easy to teach online, empowering tutors to deliver an amazing experience for learners and helping them optimize their earnings, all while building a brand and community that they love.
What you’ll be doing:
- Grow our tutor base: Own the product vision of the entire tutor acquisition funnel from landing page all the way to being bookable on the platform.
- Help tutors attract and convert more students: Our tutors are our business partners, busy delivering amazing learning experiences. You will have to identify ways in which you can help tutors to convert students. Think automated messaging, new conversion mechanisms, trainings, sky's the limit!
- Build empathy for our tutors & learners: Talk to our tutors & learners to understand their deepest problems and needs. Combine that with market research to identify areas of growth and opportunity.
- Be an owner: Own features end-to-end including defining product requirements based on deep customer empathy, driving execution, making thoughtful product decisions and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Be biased for action: Balance strategy and developing conviction with quick and lean hypotheses testing to launch MVPs and iterate based on usage and feedback.
- Be data driven: Analyze and make nuanced use of data through our in-house tools to evaluate the business impact of new features and experiences.
- Be a leader: Inspire the team with a vision and work cross-functionally to bring the product to life. Become an authority on your product area and identify areas of opportunity through deep customer insight, research, and data
- What this role is not: We are not looking for incremental thinkers or individuals who want a script to deliver against. We expect the successful candidate to truly empathize with our tutors and learners and to challenge the status quo to completely re-imagine the experience for them.
What you need to succeed:
- Substantial experience in product management at companies that build products for the “supply” side of a marketplace/platform.
- Experience working with the “supply” side of a market place is a huge plus!
- Experience in being a hands-on leader to drive results both through direct product development and through strong end-to-end thinking and execution.
- Appreciation for building deep customer empathy as a critical lever to guiding product strategy.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams. You know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People love working with you.
- Experience building a product in a fast paced, and rapid growth environment.
- Ability to support multiple initiatives at different phases of development
- Strong eye for design and desire to create loveable experiences.
- Strong analytical abilities and live and breathe data.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- A flexible set-up with the option of paid relocation to Barcelona or working remotely within a close time-zone;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
At Preply, we focus on doing better every day – pushing the limits of what we know is possible. And we know our purpose is strong. We’re re-engineering education, providing outstanding experiences for our global community of language learners and building authentic connections across the world.
Propelled by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, thanks to our best-in-class consumer and b2b products, Preply is now leading the online language tutoring segment globally and has 400+ employees of over 50 nationalities based across Barcelona, Kyiv and the US. We do extraordinary things at Preply – and we want you to join us. If you’re committed to curiosity, love experimentation and relish the challenge of exploring new ideas, then it’s time we said:
- Human: We embrace diversity by fostering inclusive environments where people feel respected and safe to express their opinions.
- Hungry: We make bold, data-informed decisions to deliver high-impact solutions for our customers.
- Humble: We experiment continuously by staying open to being challenged, learning from failures and making data-informed decisions.
- Hackers: We learn by doing, focus on things that matter and move with incredible speed to create simple, creative, and scalable solutions;
- Curious: We thrive on facing challenges, diving deep to identify root causes and uncovering insights to continuously improve.
- Learners Obsessed: We put our learners at the core of everything we do to improve the effectiveness of their language learning with us.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
That means that Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.