People Data & Insights Analyst
Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 50,000+ tutors with millions of learners from all over the world. Since the company launched in 2012, students have signed up to more than 15 million lessons.
Meet the team!
Our People Operations team is responsible for the entire lifecycle of the employee journey at Preply, including onboarding, total rewards and benefits, HR systems and analytics, as well as key HR projects such as employee engagement, career development and frameworks and others. Preply is a highly data-driven organization and we are looking for our people data insights to be as sophisticated as elsewhere in the organization.
We also collaborate closely with our Data chapter - we have an outstanding data science organization, with a mission to enable the highest quality decision-making. They work throughout the company - in the product, business, and platform teams - using analysis, experimentation, causal inference, and machine learning techniques.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be responsible for owning all our people reporting needs and further defining our data roadmap, as we embark on our people analytics journey.
- Create, maintain and optimize our data model in our reporting platform (Looker)
- Develop and maintain dashboards, reports, and data visualizations to provide insights into people-related KPIs.
- Guarantee data quality and data accuracy and maintain the core integrity of data across our HR Tech Stack (HRIS, ATS, Engagement, Performance and others)
- Collect and analyze data related to people KPIs such as employee turnover, absenteeism, productivity, performance, and engagement.
- Work closely with our Compensation, Finance and Legal teams on providing people data for business analyses.
- Identify trends, patterns, and opportunities to improve people-related KPIs and provide recommendations to senior management and HR teams.
- Collaborate with the business to develop and implement data-driven strategies to improve people-related KPIs.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to answer specific business questions related to people-related KPIs.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in people analytics.
What you need to succeed:
- Solid experience in business analytics, people data analysis or other related fields (around 4 years' experience minimum, more preferably).
- Strong SQL, data modeling or analytics engineering skills. Experience with Looker is highly desirable.
- Able to handle large amounts of data and structure it into a meaningful analysis.
- Creative mindset, problem solving and problem finding skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities at one and optimize processes constantly.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. C1 English is a must. Spanish is a plus.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- A flexible set-up with the option of paid relocation to Barcelona or working remotely within CET or 3 hours from CET;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
At Preply, we focus on doing better every day – pushing the limits of what we know is possible. And we know our purpose is strong. We’re re-engineering education, providing outstanding experiences for our global community of language learners and building authentic connections across the world.
Propelled by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, thanks to our best-in-class consumer and b2b products, Preply is now leading the online language tutoring segment globally and has 400+ employees of over 50 nationalities based across Barcelona, Kyiv and the US. We do extraordinary things at Preply – and we want you to join us. If you’re committed to curiosity, love experimentation and relish the challenge of exploring new ideas, then it’s time we said:
Welcome to The World Class.
- Human: We embrace diversity by fostering inclusive environments where people feel respected and safe to express their opinions.
- Hungry: We make bold, data-informed decisions to deliver high-impact solutions for our customers.
- Humble: We experiment continuously by staying open to being challenged, learning from failures and making data-informed decisions.
- Hackers: We learn by doing, focus on things that matter and move with incredible speed to create simple, creative, and scalable solutions.
- Curious: We thrive on facing challenges, diving deep to identify root causes and uncovering insights to continuously improve.
- Learners Obsessed: We put our learners at the core of everything we do to improve the effectiveness of their language learning with us.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
That means that Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.