Key Account Manager (German speaker)
Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 50,000+ tutors with millions of learners from all over the world. Since the company launched in 2012, students have signed up to more than 15 million lessons.
Join Preply Business!
Preply recently launched a Business solution that is growing exponentially and that should represent a substantial part of our business in the coming years. We offer companies a flexible and effective way to upskill their employees and give them more confidence with languages.
As we grow, we are looking for a Key Account Manager to help us grow our accounts in the DACH market.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be the point of contact for our customers (HR or Learning manager) from the minute the contract is signed.
- Work closely with your point of contact to develop a relationship and increase global usage frequency.
- Identify upsell opportunities & ensure smooth renewals.
- Be the voice of the customers within the company, and specifically to the Product team.
- Lead a smooth and swift program implementation and onboarding.
- Bring product & education expertise to program managers and learners from our customers.
- Continually increase product utilization by upselling and increasing the frequency of lessons for students.
- Anticipate customer problems and provide immediate follow up on customers at risk.
- Analyze activity KPIs for your customers and detect potential issues.
What you need to succeed:
- 3-5 years of experience in a B2B company, ideally in the technology/SaaS sector.
- At least 2-3 years of experience managing and upselling Key accounts.
- Fully fluent in English and German
- Proficiency with CRM solutions, online platforms and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills, with all levels within our customers teams.
- Empathy and ability to build relationships with customers.
- Degree in Business or equivalent.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture.
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development.
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance.
- Access to free mental health support platforms.
- A flexible set-up with the option of paid relocation to Barcelona
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
More about Preply:
At Preply, we focus on doing better every day – pushing the limits of what we know is possible. And we know our purpose is strong. We’re re-engineering education, providing outstanding experiences for our global community of language learners and building authentic connections across the world.
Propelled by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, thanks to our best-in-class consumer and b2b products, Preply is now leading the online language tutoring segment globally and has 400+ employees of over 50 nationalities based across Barcelona, Kyiv and the US. We do extraordinary things at Preply – and we want you to join us. If you’re committed to curiosity, love experimentation and relish the challenge of exploring new ideas, then it’s time we said: Welcome to The World Class.
- Human: We embrace diversity by fostering inclusive environments where people feel respected and safe to express their opinions.
- Hungry: We make bold, data-informed decisions to deliver high-impact solutions for our customers.
- Humble: We experiment continuously by staying open to being challenged, learning from failures and making data-informed decisions.
- Hackers: We learn by doing, focus on things that matter and move with incredible speed to create simple, creative, and scalable solutions;
- Curious: We thrive on facing challenges, diving deep to identify root causes and uncovering insights to continuously improve.
- Learners Obsessed: We put our learners at the core of everything we do to improve the effectiveness of their language learning with us.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
That means that Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.