Senior Product Designer
Preply is a global language learning marketplace, connecting 50,000+ tutors with millions of learners from all over the world. Since the company launched in 2012, students have signed up to more than 15 million lessons.
Meet the team!
Preply's design chapter crafts the experience for all of our users: individual and group learners, tutors, and businesses looking to help their employees improve their language skills. Our product designers, researchers, and UX writers work with the extended product team to create an engaging, delightful experience that drives business value by identifying and solving customer problems.
What you’ll be doing
- Reshape and improve the app experience for our users
- Focus on the value your solution is providing to customers and our business;
- Understand the key design methodologies and frameworks and employ lean and clever solutions;
- Produce highly usable, but surprisingly creative, design solutions that tackle your team’s key hypotheses;
- Leverage product data;
- Work in a newly formed cross-functional team with a Product Manager, UX writer, and Engineers.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 4+ years of professional Product Design experience
- Compelling, proven professional experience as a product designer.
- Experience in conducting and leading research, as well as visualizing end-to-end user journeys.
- Strong communication skills to effectively present your work and bring key stakeholders on board. You are confident in your ideas but open to learning from others.
- You have experience handing off work to engineers, the dedication and focus to work alongside them to ensure high quality design on launch.
- You have the drive to share work early and often, and to foster a mindset of collective ownership and effort. You leave the ego at the door.
- As a plus, we value any experience working on the “seller side” (e.g. content creators, sellers, advertisers, …) of marketplaces, as well as experience using emotional design to deliver “delightful” experiences
- A portfolio to help us understand your skills and experience as a designer.
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- We pride ourselves on fostering an open, collaborative, dynamic, growth-focused, and diverse culture.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth. These include a Learning & Development budget, a generous monthly allowance for lessons on our platform, and time off to pursue passions outside of work.
- We offer very competitive financial packages with equity, leave allowance, and health insurance with access to free mental health support platforms.
- We are a distributed workforce with a main hub in Barcelona. We offer flexible set-ups with the option of fully paid relocation to Barcelona. You can also work remotely within a close time zone.
- Most importantly, you'll have the opportunity to improve the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
At Preply, we focus on doing better every day – pushing the limits of what we know is possible. And we know our purpose is strong. We're re-engineering education, providing outstanding experiences for our global community of language learners and building authentic connections
Propelled by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, thanks to our best-in-class consumer and b2b products, Preply is now leading the online language tutoring segment globally and has 400+ employees of over 50 nationalities based across Barcelona, Kyiv and the US. We do extraordinary things at Preply – and we want you to join us. If you’re committed to curiosity, love experimentation and relish the challenge of exploring new ideas, then it’s time we said:
Welcome to The World Class.
- Human: We embrace diversity by fostering inclusive environments where people feel respected and safe to express their opinions.
- Hungry: We make bold, data-informed decisions to deliver high-impact solutions for our customers.
- Humble: We experiment continuously by staying open to being challenged, learning from failures and making data-informed decisions.
- Hackers: We learn by doing, focus on things that matter and move with incredible speed to create simple, creative, and scalable solutions;
- Curious: We thrive on facing challenges, diving deep to identify root causes and uncovering insights to continuously improve.
- Learners Obsessed: We put our learners at the core of everything we do to improve the effectiveness of their language learning with us.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
That means that Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.