Senior React Native Engineer
At Preply, we are unlocking human potential through learning.
We believe learning with a great tutor is life-changing. That’s why we match online tutors from across the globe with learners and empower them to create live language classes with AI-powered tools and learning materials. This is how we deliver progress, create engagement and keep our global community of learners motivated. So far, over 32,000 tutors have given more than 15 million lessons to learners from over 175 countries.
Meet the team:
At Preply, we run hundreds of AB tests, each with specific tracking and analytic requirements. This, along with the wide scope of our product and the sophistication of the tutor/learner interactions, makes for some rewarding challenges.
As a member of the app team, you’ll be joining one of the fastest-growing areas of the business with a chance to make a real impact on our learners and tutors. The app team’s mission is to attract new learners from all over the world to Preply, and help them to keep learning over time by making it easy to connect with their tutor and manage their learning path.
Visit our Tech Radar to learn about the technologies we use at Preply!
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop high-quality, scalable, and reliable features for Preply mobile applications using React Native and launched in our A/B experimentation framework.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including UX designers, product managers, and other engineers, to deliver innovative solutions that empower our learners and educators.
- Share your knowledge and expertise with the team and continuously learn from others to foster a culture of continuous learning and growth.
- Embrace a culture of transparency and open communication to build trust and ensure everyone is aligned on goals and objectives.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code that sets the standard for excellence.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure code quality to maintain our high standards.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices and methodologies to stay ahead of the curve and deliver value to our users.
- Proactively contribute to overall architecture, performance and code quality.
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years of experience in mobile application development with at least 2 years of experience in React Native development.
- A commitment to excellence and a desire to deliver innovative solutions that empower our learners and educators.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to debug complex issues.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver results.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies to help us move fast and deliver value.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality work on time.
- Experience writing unit and e2e tests
Why you’ll love it at Preply:
- An open, collaborative, dynamic and diverse culture;
- A generous monthly allowance for lessons on Preply.com, Learning & Development budget and time off for your self-development;
- A competitive financial package with equity, leave allowance and health insurance;
- Access to free mental health support platforms;
- A flexible set-up with the option of paid relocation to Barcelona or working remotely within a close time-zone;
- The opportunity to shape the lives of learners and tutors through language learning and teaching in 175 countries (and counting!).
At Preply, we focus on doing better every day – pushing the limits of what we know is possible. And we know our purpose is strong. We’re re-engineering education, providing outstanding experiences for our global community of language learners and building authentic connections across the world.
Propelled by a tenfold increase in revenues over the last three years, thanks to our best-in-class consumer and b2b products, Preply is now leading the online language tutoring segment globally and has 400+ employees of over 50 nationalities based across Barcelona, Kyiv and the US. We do extraordinary things at Preply – and we want you to join us. If you’re committed to curiosity, love experimentation and relish the challenge of exploring new ideas, then it’s time we said:
- Care to change the world - We are passionate about our work and care deeply about its impact to be life changing.
- We do it for learners - For both Preply and tutors, learners are why we do what we do. Every day we focus on empowering tutors to deliver an exceptional learning experience.
- Keep perfecting - To create an outstanding customer experience, we focus on simplicity, smoothness, and enjoyment, continually perfecting it as every detail matters.
- Now is the time - In a fast-paced world, it matters how quickly we act. Now is the time to make great things happen.
- Disciplined execution - What makes us disciplined is the excellence in our execution. We set clear goals, focus on what matters, and utilize our resources efficiently.
- Dive deep - We leverage business acumen and curiosity to investigate disparities between numbers and stories, unlocking meaningful insights to guide our decisions.
- Growth mindset - We proactively seek growth opportunities and believe today's best performance becomes tomorrow's starting point. We humbly embrace feedback and learn from setbacks.
- Raise the bar - We raise our performance standards continuously, alongside each new hire and promotion. We build diverse and high-performing teams that can make a real difference.
- Challenge, disagree and commit - We value open and candid communication, even when we don’t fully agree. We speak our minds, challenge when necessary, and fully commit to decisions once made.
- One Preply - We prioritize collaboration, inclusion, and the success of our team over personal ambitions. Together, we support and celebrate each other's progress.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Preply is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where people from all backgrounds can thrive. Different opinions and viewpoints are key ingredients in our success as a multicultural Ed-Tech company.
Preply will consider all applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or veteran status. Together, we are The World Class.