Strategic Finance, Associate
Our healthcare system is frustratingly analog. When you live in a world of one-tap car rides, meal delivery, and unlimited streaming, why do you have to call to schedule an appointment with a doctor and are still handed a clipboard to fill in a form? NexHealth’s mission is to accelerate innovation in healthcare. We’re doing this by connecting patients, doctors, and developers. We’re the first to fully automate the integration with health record systems, paving the way for a new generation of disruptive health-tech companies
Here's some of what we've accomplished:
- $125M Series C at $1B valuation
- Manage more than 75 million patient records
- 80%+ annual revenue growth
- Top 10% of Inc. 5000 (2022)
Finance at NexHealth
NexHealth is growing rapidly, and the Finance team is at the center of enabling that rapid growth. In order to achieve our long term mission to accelerate innovation in healthcare, NexHealth has to be set up for financial success in the short and long term. NexHealth’s Finance team is at the forefront of creating the financial infrastructure needed to support growth. The Finance team works in real-time with senior leadership, concentrates on the most critical business issues, and is deeply connected to every aspect of the business.
Reporting to the Manager of FP&A, the Associate, Strategic Finance will build out all aspects of our financial model, annual planning and budgeting processes, day-to-day KPI dashboarding, and leading analyses to drive insights with key internal stakeholders (Board of Directors, C-Suite). The Strategic Finance team owns key decisions around how we allocate and prioritize NexHealth’s time and resources, and we are looking for a candidate to quickly scale into the role.
What You’ll Do:
- Evaluate complex strategic decisions via financial modeling to create financially-driven insights to guide decision making
- Design, synthesize, and prepare complex operational and financial information in a clear manner to the C-Suite and the Board of Directors
- Analyze strategic projects including new product launches and cost efficiency projects via data analysis and modeling
- Enable department-level KPI tracking to monitor business health and ensure each part of the business is tracking to plan
- Automate the existing Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) process and develop reports to analyze variances in budget vs. actuals in collaboration with business partners
- Maintain overall company-wide financial model and own consolidation of annual plan
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years of strategic finance, corporate finance, or investment banking experience in a fast-growth environment (SaaS preferred).
- Degree in Economics, Finance, or a Quantitative field (Math, Computer Science, Economics, Physics) is preferred.
- Advanced Excel & financial modeling skills in order to size new business opportunities and build models from scratch with limited guidance.
- Experience working with large data sets and communicating effectively with cross-functional partners at all levels (experience with SQL and Salesforce is preferred).
- Solve the customer’s problems, not yours
When making decisions, think from the perspective of the customer. It’s easy to make decisions that make our lives simpler, but not the customers.
- Do the things others are not willing to do
As a Nexer, always go after the hardest problems. Pursue things at the highest quality. Move at the fastest pace.
- Take ownership
Act like a founder. Own your roles, destinies, mistakes, behavior, and our mission. The buck stops with each of us - no blaming or excuses.
- Say what’s on your mind, with positive intent
Be direct, proactive, transparent, and frequent in your communication.
- Default trust
As a Nexer, you do not have to earn trust, trust is given to you by default. If we by default trust each other, our speed of communication, feedback, information sharing, and overall improvements will be a lot faster.
- Think in first principles
We first identify the problem and then break it down to its fundamentals before diving into solutions. We constantly ask “why” to validate our assumptions.
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Commuter benefits
- Full Medical, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Range Disclaimer
The salary range for this role is $87,000 to $128,000 for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range(s) listed is just one component of NexHealth’s total compensation package for employees. Other benefits may include stock options, an unlimited paid time off policy, and 90% coverage on medical, vision and dental insurance.