Software Engineer, Sync
Our healthcare system is frustratingly analog. When you live in a world of one-tap car rides, meal delivery, and unlimited streaming, why do you have to call to schedule an appointment with a doctor and are still handed a clipboard to fill in a form? NexHealth’s mission is to accelerate innovation in healthcare. We’re doing this by connecting patients, doctors, and developers. We’re the first to fully automate the integration with health record systems, paving the way for a new generation of disruptive healthtech companies.
Here's some of what we've accomplished:
- $125M Series C at $1B valuation
- Manage 330+ million patient records
- 100%+ annual revenue growth
- Top 10% of Inc. 5000 (2022)
Engineering at NexHealth
The healthcare industry is highly regulated and fragmented. Patients crave unified access to their healthcare information. Doctors want to modernize the patient experience. Developers want to quickly build and launch new products. To do this, we need to create a multi-faceted product which each of these stakeholders cannot live without.
Our engineering team is building new infrastructure to bolster the healthcare industry. We address complex problems and artfully connect antiquated systems with NexHealth’s technology to create a seamless experience for patients, doctors, and developers.
Our integration platform is what enables our success. As a Synchronizer Engineer, you will be developing the core platform that powers the entire NexHealth experience. You will be solving problems to provide scalable approaches to integrating with new EHR systems and enabling thousands of practices to seamlessly leverage NexHealth.
What You'll Do:
- You will be part of our core Synchronizer team, building the driving technology behind NexHealth.
- Collaborate with other team members to continue to scale our architecture
- Build integrations with various client side healthcare software systems
- Implement seamless deployment processes for distributed NexHealth agents on client servers
- Extract new data points based on new features in our product
- Designing and building out key components to our integrations platform
- Working closely with Product Management to design, scope, and implement new integrations
- Working closely with other team members
What You'll Bring:
- At least 4 years of software development experience
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience in backend or platform software engineering
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including pairing
- Strong ability to take a project from research to production
- Effectively give and receive feedback, both positive and constructive
- Love to own projects from end to end, executing on designs involving fellow engineers
- Love working in a fast paced environment and can conform to change quickly and efficiently.
- Stay organized and focused under pressure
- Want to build a product millions of people use
Not Required, But a Plus:
- Experience in Python, Ruby, and/or Typescript
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience scaling engineering systems in high-growth startups
- Experience working with Chrome Extensions
- Experience developing for Windows machines, bonus if you also have experience reverse engineering Windows desktop applications
- Data Engineering/ETL Experience
- Location: San Francisco, CA or Salt Lake City, UT preferred
NexHealth Operating Principles
- Solve the customer’s problems, not yours
When making decisions, think from the perspective of the customer. It’s easy to make decisions that make our lives simpler, but not the customers.
- Do the things others are not willing to do
As a Nexer, always go after the hardest problems. Pursue things at the highest quality. Move at the fastest pace.
- Take ownership
Act like a founder. Own your roles, destinies, mistakes, behavior, and our mission. The buck stops with each of us - no blaming or excuses.
- Say what’s on your mind, with positive intent
Be direct, proactive, transparent, and frequent in your communication.
- Default trust
As a Nexer, you do not have to earn trust, trust is given to you by default. If we by default trust each other, our speed of communication, feedback, information sharing, and overall improvements will be a lot faster.
- Think in first principles
We first identify the problem and then break it down to its fundamentals before diving into solutions. We constantly ask “why” to validate our assumptions.
The salary range for this role is $139,600 to $205,300 for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range(s) listed is just one component of NexHealth’s total compensation package for employees. Other benefits may include stock options, an unlimited paid time off policy, and 90% coverage on medical, vision and dental insurance.
- Competitive salary, plus equity
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Commuter benefits
- Short-term & Long-term Disability benefits
- Healthcare FSA + HSA
- Learning & Development courses