San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2023
Mission Barns is where some of the world’s smartest, most passionate people are pioneering the future of food. We are scaling up and optimizing our process to provide sustainable, safe, and humane meat products to the world.
We are a venture-backed startup with decades of experience in cell biology, tissue engineering, media development, food science, bioreactor design, and more. We’re united by our collective drive to solve difficult problems, ask tough questions, and apply cutting-edge science and engineering. At Mission Barns, you’ll have the freedom to dream big and do the best work of your life.
- Full-time, exempt
- San Francisco, CA and Berkeley, CA - 100% onsite if not traveling for business
- Up to but not limited to 50% time traveling, domestic and potentially internationally
- Full time employees enjoy medical, dental, and vision coverage, flexible holiday and vacation time, stock options, 401k, and ample opportunity for career advancement as the company grows.
- Salary: $75k+ (DOE)
- Contribute and manage inventory levels for all Mission Barns tasting samples.
- Own the prep and execution for the tasting experience all tastings.
- Responsible for curating dishes, menus and tasting experience to showcase Mission Barns products.
- Ingredient Procurement - Responsible for all of the specific requirements for executing Mission Barns tastings and business development interactions.
- Ability to stay clean, neat, and organized during presentations and throughout business hours.
- Follow all food safety and hygiene standards.
- Deliver clear and impactful messaging about Mission Barns products and technology from a culinary perspective.
- Willingness to adapt and pivot to different, ever changing, circumstances and deliver cohesive tastings experiences for all presentations.
- Represent the product development team to senior leadership and key decision makers for routine internal tastings.
- Support and contribute to Mission Barns' culture and messaging.
- Strive to embody our values of Optimism, Generosity, Ingenuity, and Ambition. Act in a manner representing Mission Barns both internally and externally during work appropriate events.
- Committed to helping evolve our food system for a better world.
- The perfect blend of charisma and professionalism to set the tone and lead the Mission Barns product tasting experience at headquarters and events away from the office.
- You have the ability to memorize talking points and realize staying on brand and “sticking to the script” are key contributions to the experience equal to the food presentation itself.
- 5+ years in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or Culinary Certificate or other relevant field.
- Strong organization, oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible and positive in a fast paced, ever changing professional environment.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve in new environments to maintain and deliver to the Mission Barns brand experience standards for product demonstration during partnership development conversations and activations.
- Strong computer aptitude, which includes expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word; Google Office Suite.
- Analytical skills with particular attention to detail and excellent follow through demonstrated by hitting milestone timelines
Full Time employees enjoy 99% coverage for medical, dental and vision benefits, pre-tax benefits, a 401K, stock options, a brand new state of the art office close to 101, I-80, walking distance to public transit (BART, MUNI, SamTrans), an unlimited supply of snacks, flavored waters, coffee, tea and ample career advancement as the company grows.
Mission Barns is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
See more open positions at Mission Barns
Something looks off?