Software Engineer, Developer Experience
Loom is the video communication platform for async work that helps companies communicate better at scale. Loom makes it easy to record quick videos of your screen and camera and instantly share them with a link. More than 20M users across 350k+ companies around the world trust Loom to share feedback, updates, intros, training, and more – every day. Founded in late 2015, Loom has raised $203M from world-class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Iconiq, and Coatue.
Empowering effective communication at work means much more than simply creating a simple and fast video recording product. Here at Loom we spend a lot of time thinking about how we ship experiences and about the people building and creating these experiences - namely our Developers and their collaborators. Our Developer Experience (Devex) team focuses on creating tools and improving development infrastructure to allow engineering teams to ship fast with confidence.
Loom is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with full-stack experience and a passion for developer platforms and tooling to help make Loom the best place to ship products. On this team, you will improve all facets of how an engineer works at Loom and you will learn a lot about how engineering teams ship in general. We have a service-oriented mentality toward supporting the teams we build for.
- Help improve performance and reliability across our development and integration pipelines.
- Help improve automated testing systems, observability systems, and general tooling.
- Keep a pulse on the issues and pain points faced by engineers across the company to help inform future work for the team.
- Help the team improve the developer platform in whatever way necessary to enable shipping with confidence on the engineering org.
- Willingness to dive into unfamiliar technologies and experience doing so - this team works with many systems you will learn about and help improve how they work together.
- An enthusiasm for supporting a community of developers and taking care of their needs.
- A scrappy mentality to try things out and make things work.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with engineering org.
- Familiarity and proficiency in working with frontend and backend technologies.
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools and technologies like CircleCI, GitHub Actions is preferred.
- Prior experience with programming in Typescript, Go and shell scripting is a plus.
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Playwright and package managers such as yarn/pnpm is a plus.
- Experience working with observability tools like Datadog, Sentry is a plus.
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- 14 paid company holidays plus Summer Break in July and Winter Break in December
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Wellness stipends
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Professional development reimbursement
- Home office & technology reimbursement