Senior Manager, Product Design
Loom is the video communication platform for async work that helps companies communicate better at scale. Loom makes it easy to record quick videos of your screen and camera and instantly share them with a link. More than 20M users across 350k+ companies around the world trust Loom to share feedback, updates, intros, training, and more – every day. Founded in late 2015, Loom has raised $203M from world-class investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Kleiner Perkins, Iconiq, and Coatue.
Loom is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Manager of Product Design to drive forward the core product experience of Loom. This person will be a strong craft and people-focused leader, who embodies the values we seek in our design leaders to lead with empathy and resilience.
As Senior Manager, you will be responsible for driving the user-centered vision, strategy, and design execution of our AI-enabled video creation and viewing experiences. You will craft a vision that is based in user insights that inspires and delivers, and champion the people on your team to deliver graceful and delightful experiences. You balance between aspiration and realism to deliver immediate customer value that provides immediate utility, is made with care, and sparks joy.
You will be a user champion and a trusted leader to colleagues across the organization, working alongside a top-notch team across multiple disciplines to support Loom in its journey to introduce a new mode of communication for the workplace that solves top user pain points of remote and distributed work.
- Lead and manage our core product design team of 3+ product designers
- Define and own user-centered strategy and design execution of new features that will enable better ways to record, edit, and view a Loom video
- Proactively identify new problems and opportunities for the team that are rooted in user problems, working intimately with user research and data to propose paths forward
- Collaborate with brand and marketing to ensure user value is conveyed end-to-end across a user’s journey
- Partner with engineering to have a working understanding of technical systems in order to creatively scope prioritization & trade-offs
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers and the market to ensure we are driving innovation and building for customer needs. Stay up-to-date with the latest video trends and technologies.
- Work alongside the broader Design leadership team to craft our teams’ culture, processes, and tools and ensure we’re building toward a connected vision and product experience
- Co-own the evolution and maturity of our Lens Design System alongside our design team
- Mastery of hiring outstanding product designers to achieve our goals as a team
What We're Looking For
- You believe deeply in the power of video and its ability to transform communication at work
- You stand on an outstanding portfolio, with presentable case studies showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, product sense, and idea generation
- You’re an expert in people development and up-leveling design craft – you have what it takes to grow and empower an incredible design team
- You are a user advocate to peers, leadership, and company wide to drive a strong level of design thinking, user centricity and research to influence our product offering & growth
- You are a coach to others and give and ask for honest and critical feedback - you inspire, not merely direct
- You bring a wealth of knowledge around interaction design principles, up to date trends, and usability heuristics
- You have a minimum of 8 years of experience in Product Design and a minimum of 4 years experience of managing Product Designers in organizations that have shipped software to users, partnering with Product and Engineering and Product Marketing teammates
- You're an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and you're comfortable managing high-stakes communications
- You have experience leading a diverse team in a rapid growth environment. Huge plus if you’ve worked with distant teammates and understand the communication patterns of working with highly distributed teams
- You embody a learning and growth mindset: Our team size and our design process will evolve and change many times over the next few years. We strive to continuously improve and integrate what we learn — from our work and with each other.
- You lead with empathy and resilience: empathy for our customers, to build a product and a service they’ll love. Empathy for our coworkers, to build a workplace we’ll love. Resilience to be able to take feedback from anywhere, consider it gracefully, and fold it into your thinking and your work
Perks at Loom
- Competitive compensation and equity package
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- 14 paid company holidays plus Summer Break in July and Winter Break in December
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Healthcare reimbursement (for International employees)
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Wellness stipends
- Flexible PTO
- Paid parental leave
- Remote work opportunities
- Professional development reimbursement
- Home office & technology reimbursement