Area Sales Manager/ Account Executive - DACH
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Kaiko is the leading source of cryptocurrency market data, providing businesses with industrial-grade and regulatory-compliant data. Kaiko empowers market participants with global connectivity to real-time and historical data feeds across the world's leading centralized and decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges. Kaiko’s proprietary products are built to empower financial institutions and cryptocurrency businesses with solutions ranging from portfolio valuation to strategy backtesting, performance reporting, charting, analysis, indices, and pre-and post-trade.
What We Do
Kaiko provides financial data products and solutions, across three main business units:
1. Market Data: “CEX” Centralized Exchanges Market Data: we collect, structure and distribute market data from 100+ cryptocurrency trading venues; “DEX” Decentralized Protocols Market Data: we run blockchain infrastructure in order to read, collect, engineer and distribute venue-level market data from DeFI protocols.
2. Analytics: proprietary quantitative models & data solutions to price and assess risk.
3. Indices: suite of mono-assets rates and benchmarks, as well as cross-assets indices.
Kaiko’s products are available worldwide on all networks and infrastructures: public APIs, private & on-premises networks; private & hybrid cloud set-ups; blockchain native (Kaiko oracles solution).
Additionally, Kaiko’s Research publications are read by thousands of industry professionals and cited in the world’s leading media organizations. We provide original insights and in-depth analysis of crypto markets using Kaiko’s data and products.
Who We Are
We’re a team of 80 (and growing) passionate individuals with a deep interest in building data solutions and supporting the growth of the digital finance economy. We’re proud of Kaiko’s talented team and are committed to our international representation and diversity. Our people and their values are the foundation of our continued success.
About The Role
The company you choose to work with can make all the difference. At Kaiko we appreciate that sales can be a tough gig, which is why we value and reward our talented sales team accordingly.
Missions & Responsibilities
- Build a growing and dynamic client pipeline for the DACH and East Europe markets Help to develop a sales strategy which supports Kaiko’s business goals
- Develop a territory with a diverse range of key target organizations and growing new opportunities in the market
- Close deals valued between €50,000 and €200,000 per year (although if you want to aim higher than that we certainly won’t stop you!)
- Develop and maintain a solid network of contacts
- Sustain a consistent pipeline through meetings and communication (including cold-calling and emailing)
- Support marketing campaigns and helping with activities such as client days, conferences and events Complete RFP (Requests for Proposal) documents for prospective customers
- Work closely with the Head of Sales, other Sales Executives across EMEA, US and APAC as well as the Customer Success, Product, Marketing teams..
- Must have
- Minimum 3+ years experience of selling financial products and evidence of your successFamiliarity with SaaS and Market Data products, including the challenges involved
- Self-motivated and organized with a personal commitment to succeed
- Ability to listen carefully, understand needs and build trusted relationships, including at senior executive level in large complex organizations
- Ability to negotiate calmly and effectively and help customers close a deal
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, as well as being able to explain concepts and user stories with confidence
- Natural storytelling ability to weave a narrative of Kaiko’s solution into a client’s daily life
- Mandatory language skills: German (fluent) and English (fluent)
- Nice to have
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM system, or something similar
- Experience landing new logos in banks, asset managers, hedge funds, exchanges, insurance companies, fintechs and other financial intermediaries
- Examples of growing sales across groups or business lines within an organization
- Experience with sales process models such as MEDDIC and challenger salesAnother language (French, Spanish, etc.)
- The role will be based in Paris with occasional travel to client sites throughout the DACH regions as needed.
What we offer
- 25 paid holidays & RTTs
- The hardware of your choice
- Contribution to daily commuting
- Contribution to your monthly gym subscription
- Meal Vouchers
- Multiple team events (casual drinks, etc.)
- An entrepreneurial environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibilities
- Staff surprises!
Talent Acquisition Process
- Call with the HR Team
- Interview with the Hiring Manager & CRO
- Cross-team interviews with 2-3 team members
- Case Study
- Offer & Reference check
Diversity & Inclusion:
At Kaiko, we believe in the diversity of thought because we appreciate that this makes us stronger. Therefore, we encourage applications from everyone who can offer their unique experience to our collective achievements.