Product Manager II, Revenue Operations
The BizOps Department at Jobber:
Like Jobber empowers small businesses with the tools and insights they need to succeed, the BizOps Department ensures our people at Jobber have the tooling, data insights, and strategic direction to excel in our shared mission. Our BizOps PMs, and their teammates, work with departments across the company to execute against their mandates. Essentially, BizOps serves as a central hub that drives business outcomes in different corners of Jobber, with specialized groups including Business Strategy, Revenue Operations, Business Analytics, Data, and Business Technology.
As a Product Manager II, working with Jobber’s Business Technology and Revenue Operations teams, you will work to ensure we are identifying and executing on the highest priority initiatives for our Revenue organization’s customer-facing teams. You will facilitate collaboration to help guide the success of projects, utilize data and research to understand and validate top priorities, conceptualize a strategy, execute with the team and measure success. You will be a motivator for your team, keeping them engaged and excited about driving business outcomes across all corners of Jobber’s ecosystem.
The Product Manager II will:
- Take on the full responsibilities of a Scrum Team Product Owner for our in-house Salesforce Engineering team. This includes executing the product management workflow, backlog management (writing and prioritizing Epics and Stories), participating in Scrum events (Sprint Planning, Sprints, Scrums, Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives), estimation and testing.
- Be responsible for cross-functional program management. You will help manage, and at times drive, complex cross-functional projects which require both technical and non-technical deliverables to come together within the broader Sales and Support Operations domain. You will drive project planning and execution; provide proactive transparency to stakeholders (scope, status, risks and timelines); and support teams to help ensure timely delivery of their scope, including addressing blockers or issues that may arise.
- Be responsible for product vision and strategy. You will own the creative process of generating, developing, and curating new ideas. By understanding the connections between people’s day-to-day work, the overall company vision, and stakeholder needs, you can prioritize building what matters to achieve the company’s strategic goals and initiatives.
- Deliver features and frameworks that make an impact on our internal teams. You’ll work collaboratively across Business Operations to prioritize work by ranking it against strategic goals and initiatives.
- Build a plan, implement it, and then measure success. You’ll be responsible for a timeline for the implementation of new ideas, and then defining the release process and coordinating all activities to get a project launched. Once implemented, you will help determine what success looks like for the solutions you help build, measuring that success, and keeping stakeholders informed of that progress so that your team can make iterative decisions based on results.
To be successful, you should have:
- 3-6 years experience in comparable/relevant roles. Product manager, product owner or broader experience in program management, project management, other software delivery roles or working within an operations team or backend systems team.
- Next-level communication skills. Your written and verbal communication skills help articulate the voice of the customer and the needs of the business.
- An ability to motivate. You listen before speaking and understand before providing solutions. You focus on the relationship and build trust easily.
- Execution excellence. Creating insights is one thing – leading and driving execution is another. You are motivated by getting things across the finish line and have a solid track record of managing projects and multiple priorities at any given time.
- A desire to collaborate. To deliver high-quality features as quickly as possible, you’ll need to partner with many different people and departments.
- A knack for the details, with an understanding of the big picture. In your role, the details matter, and help drive your team forward with a sense of direction and clarity.
- A passion for technology. You are naturally curious about technology and tend to be an early adopter for most things. You appreciate how technology can solve many business problems and are driven to make a lasting impact for our customers.
- Ownership. You are driven to do the right things for your work. You are accountable to both your successes and your shortcomings.
- A data mindset. You look to data to define a problem and you also look to data to demonstrate success. You are energized by the ability to contextualize your work through various tools, systems and processes.
Highly desired, but not a dealbreaker:
- Experience working directly with development teams delivering solutions built on top of CRM solutions like Salesforce is strongly desired. We're willing to help you grow through company-sponsored training.
- In lieu of CRM-specific experience, support for in-house back office tooling or backend systems teams would likely translate well to this role.
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named as a Top 10 Great Place to Work in Canada, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!