Senior Pricing and Packaging Manager
Does driving value for one of Canada’s leading softwares excite you?
Then Jobber might be the place for you! We’re looking for a Senior Pricing and Packaging Manager to be part of our Marketing department.
Jobber exists to help people in small businesses be successful. We work with small home service businesses, like your local plumbers, painters, and landscapers, to transform the way service is delivered through technology. With Jobber they can quote, schedule, invoice, and collect payments from their customers, while providing an easy and professional customer experience. Running a small business today isn’t like it used to be—the way we consume and deliver service is changing rapidly, technology is evolving, and customers expect more. That’s why we put the power and flexibility in their hands to run their businesses how, where, and when they want!
Our culture of transparency, inclusivity, collaboration, and innovation has been recognized by Great Place to Work, Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and more. Jobber has also been named on the Globe and Mail’s Canada’s Top Growing Companies list, and Deloitte Canada’s Technology Fast 50™, Enterprise Fast 15, and Technology Fast 500™ lists. With an Executive team that has over thirty years of industry experience of leading the way, we’ve come a long way from our first customer in 2011—but we’ve just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish for our customers.
When it comes to telling the world about Jobber and moving new people through a funnel, Marketing is your department. They handle everything from spreading awareness, to answering “What’s Jobber?,” to getting new customers in the door, to turning those customers into Jobber advocates!
The Product Marketing team helps in accelerating Jobber’s growth through actionable customer and market insights, compelling storytelling and impactful end-to-end experiences that help us all win. Working closely with key stakeholders across the company, they drive pricing and packaging, positioning and messaging, product launches, market research and other initiatives that push our brand and business forward.
Reporting to the Director, Product Marketing, the Senior Pricing and Packaging Manager will help support Jobber’s growth by leading our product monetization strategy. You will strategize and execute on how we go to market with a product monetization model that is aligned with customer value. This role will own and drive our pricing and packaging roadmap and strategies for our core product, add-ons and will also work to optimize our discount strategies to help us grow subscriptions and revenue. This role will collaborate cross-functionally with product management, sales, customer success, finance and business Operations. Ideally you have a passion for data and commercial strategy and will act as a thought leader for our overall experimentation around product monetization and how we can get the most value out of our features.
The Senior Pricing and Packaging Manager will:
- Lead the development and optimization of Jobber’s pricing, packaging, and discount strategy aligned to Jobber’s business goals.
- Create and refine pricing models, value metrics, and product packaging aligned to customers’ willingness to pay
- Identify and understand how customers perceive the value of Jobber products and services through market research, including segmentation, sizing, and competitive pricing
- Establish and chair the executive pricing committee, presenting research findings, proposing experiments and/or changes as well as driving agreement on pricing and packaging recommendations;
- Lead projects cross-functionally and optimally coordinate between product management, business operations, finance, technical and legal team to ensure understanding of strategy, project plan, and impacts.
- Support and direction for the development and implementation of pricing and promotional experiments.
- Define pricing KPIs and monitor and report on the effectiveness of pricing and packaging changes, providing insights and recommendations to improve strategy, prioritization, and processes.
To be successful, you should have:
- Background and experience in pricing strategy, designing successful pricing models and enablement of these models
- Data-driven strategic thinker and problem solver with strong analytical skills
- High attention to detail, excellent time management, ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Strong communication, presentation, and data-driven storytelling skills, with the ability to turn data into clear, compelling, and actionable pricing strategies
- Experience with pricing research and general research skills, including the ability to conduct internal, customer, and market research to gather valuable insights
- Strong relationship building capabilities and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability and desire to work and lead in a fast-paced, remote first environment
What you can expect from Jobber:
Having been named as a Top 10 Great Place to Work in Canada, we walk the talk. Here are just some of the great things you can expect from us:
- A total compensation package that includes an extended health benefits package with fully paid premiums for both body and mind, RRSP matching, and stock options.
- A dedicated Coaching and Development function, including Development Coaches, to help build the career you want and hit the goals you set, while ensuring you’re reaching your fullest potential.
- Support for all your breaks: from vacation to rest and recharge, your birthday off to celebrate, health days to support your physical and mental health, and parental leave top-ups to support your growing family.
- A unique opportunity to build, grow, and leave your impact on a $400-billion industry that has no dominant player...yet.
- To work with a group of people who are humble, supportive, and give a sh*t about our customers.
We believe that diverse teams perform better and that fostering an inclusive work environment is a key part of growing a successful team. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
A bit more about us:
Job by job, we’re transforming the way service is delivered. Your lawn care provider, home cleaning service, plumber or painter could use Jobber to better connect with their customers, save time in the office, invoice faster, and get paid! We’re bringing tens of thousands of people together with technology to deliver billions of dollars a year in services to happy customers. Jobber exists to help make these small businesses successful, and when they’re successful we all win!