Senior Frontend Engineer
Istanbul, İstanbul, Turkey
Posted on Thursday, October 7, 2021
Every 7 seconds a worker is injured. The human and economic cost of workplace injuries around the world is $250 billion per year. At Intenseye, we believe that the health and safety of workers is non-negotiable.
Intenseye is a truly disruptive employee health and safety (EHS) SaaS platform powered by cutting-edge AI. Using existing cameras, Intenseye’s AI empowers EHS leaders at Global Enterprises to “see the unseen” hazards and take corrective actions through 24/7 real-time leading indicator data flow. Currently, Intenseye AI protects 100,000+ employees in 25+ countries.
Join Intenseye on the Journey to Zero!
We are seeking to expand our Web team where our Frontend and Backend Engineers help drive our technology and industry defining product roadmap forward. Intenseye is a disruptive company in a new category solving major legacy issues for our customers.
Now is an incredibly exciting time to join our world class Frontend team!
- You're creative, flexible, and passionate about creating beautiful software interfaces
- You have strong software engineering fundamentals, including knowledge of algorithms and data structures (CS degree is preferred)
- Good understanding of web standards, how browsers work, html semantics and familiarity with apis - this a must.
- Experience in any of the 3 major frameworks, React (preferred), Angular or Vue.
- Decent knowledge on styling - box model, flex layouts, basically understanding how to use CSS with the newer good practices in mind.
- You can show evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of high-scale web applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- You provide a deep understanding of the complexities involved in writing large single-page applications.
- Experience with writing unit tests, monitoring code coverage, and linting your code
- You value teamwork and agree with the statement that "a team is a group of people who own each others' decisions".
- Experience delivering a high-quality product as an individual contributor as part of a high-performing team in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment
- Fluent English and excellent communication skills.
- Must be willing to work with an internationally distributed team.
Our Tech Stack
- Our Tech Stack:
- - Scala, Go, Python for programming language.
- - Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS) for cloud services.
- - Docker, Kubernetes for orchestration tools.
- - Apache Pulsar for message queueing.
- - Prometheus, Grafana for monitoring.
- - Elasticsearch for analytics
- - Redis for distributed caching.
- - Linkerd for service mesh.
- - Buildkite for CI/CD.
- - PostgreSQL for RDBMS.
- - Git for version control.
- - Replicated for on-premise.
- Founded in late 2018
- Series A funding round of $25m
- Growing team of x100+ across NYC (GTM), Istanbul (Eng/GTM) and Berlin (Eng)
- First company to target Health and Safety use cases with AI / ML / Deep Learning & Computer Vision
- Privacy by design / We anonymise all employees data (GDPR + SOC2 compliant)
- We offer Private Medical Insurance, Employee Benefits & Stock Option plan
- Experience working with a fast development and research team of engineers using the latest and greatest technologies
- Flexibility on work location and hours (Remote working + two offices in Istanbul to work from)
- Play a key role in growth of the company
- We pay in USD ($)
- Help save lives and change the industry with AI-powered health and safety!
Our Interview Process:
- Zoom chat with our Head of People (45 mins)
- Take-Home Task (x7 days to complete)
- Zoom interview with x2 Engineers to review task / technical deep dive (90 mins)
- Zoom interview (or On-site) with CTO & Lead Engineer (90 mins)
- Zoom interview with our CEO (30 mins)
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Intenseye is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.