Head of Solutions Engineering
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
Every 7 seconds a worker is injured. The human and economic cost of workplace injuries around the world is $250 billion per year. At Intenseye, we believe that the health and safety of workers is non-negotiable.
Intenseye is a truly disruptive employee health and safety (EHS) SaaS platform powered by cutting-edge AI. Using existing cameras, Intenseye’s AI empowers EHS leaders at Global Enterprises to “see the unseen” hazards and take corrective actions through 24/7 real-time leading indicator data flow. Currently, Intenseye AI protects 100,000+ employees in 25+ countries.
Join Intenseye on the Journey to Zero!
We're looking for our founding Head of Solutions Engineering to join our growing leadership team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and developing our technical pre-sales and post-sales solutioning teams. You will be responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and delivery of intenseye’s platform that meet our customers' complex technical needs.
- Own technical delivery across the entire customer lifecycle from pre-sales to implementation to full platform adoption.
- Provide strong leadership and mentorship to a team of Technical Solutions Managers, fostering a high-performance culture and promoting collaboration.
- Drive continuous improvement in solution engineering processes, methodologies, and tools.
- Work closely with the Sales team to understand customer requirements, pain points, and business objectives, and translate them into effective solution strategies.
- Lead the design and development of comprehensive technical solutions that address customer challenges and align with our product offerings.
- Ensure the successful delivery of solutions, overseeing project scoping, resource allocation, timelines, and quality assurance.
- Act as a trusted advisor to key customers, providing technical expertise, understanding their business needs, and presenting solutions effectively.
- Partner with the Sales team in pre-sales activities, including solution presentations, demonstrations, and proposal development.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing customers, driving customer satisfaction, retention, and identifying opportunities for upselling or cross-selling.
- Partner with Product Development teams to provide customer insights, feedback, and recommendations for product enhancements or new features.
- Work closely with Customer Success teams to ensure smooth handoff of solutions and provide ongoing support when needed.
- Collaborate with Marketing teams to develop compelling collateral, case studies, and thought leadership content.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive landscape in the solutions engineering domain.
- Utilize market insights to identify new business opportunities and provide strategic recommendations to senior leadership.
Sound like you?
- 8+ years of experience in solutions engineering, technical pre-sales / post-sales or a similar technical customer-facing role within SaaS, Cloud, or Enterprise Software with a modern, sales led recurring revenue GTM motion
- 3+ years of team management with strong leadership skills with a track record of building and managing high-performing teams
- Experience in pre-sales with exposure to post-sales implementations
- Experience in complex platform-based SaaS solutions
- Rapidly scaled a company and know how to build foundational systems, processes, and teams.
- Understanding & experience of scaling disruptive Series A+ startup(s) through hyper-growth. phase and beyond (startup & scaleUp with AI, ML, Cloud sales experience highly beneficial)
- Experience with some of the following: Kubernetes, Linux, Networking, Security, IoT, Video processing, HTTP(s), RESTful APIs and Industrial controls & protocols
- True passion in utilizing an inspirational and hands-on leadership style to drive a high-performing culture with a coach-like mindset for team development
- Vertical knowledge across some of the following: Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Automotive, Industry, Retail, IoT
- Capability and desire to act as a player coach and expertise in setting up a function
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Deep understanding of enterprise software solutions, cloud technologies, and software development lifecycles
- Ability to thrive in a very fast paced autonomous environment
- Relish in data rigour and hygiene around metrics and embrace a data driven strategy
- Bachelor's in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- Strong communication and relationship building skills, including the ability to build trusted partner relationships with our internal stakeholders
- Play a key role to foster, align and further build out the team culture
- Located in NYC - Ability to work from home + work from our office (x2-3 days per week in the office - 530 5th Avenue)
Culture and Traits:
- Entrepreneurial mindset; proactive, scrappy, agile and flexible with a bias towards action.
- A do-er that will roll up their sleeves and do what needs to get done.
- Analytical and data driven; logical and systematic in their approach to problems with the ability to dig deep and problem solve
- Resilience; has a persistent, “won’t give up” attitude and recovers from setbacks.
- Able to adapt and deal with high stress situations not in the playbook.
- Committed to win – performs at a high work rate over an extended period-of-time.
- Secure in their competence - confident in what they know and do not know
- Trust their team and are willing to ask for and take input from others
- Communication skills to function effectively in the role.
- Founded in late 2018 (first paying enterprise customer in Feb 2020)
- Series A funding round of $25m announced in October 2021 (Insight Partners lead investor) - Series B coming soon…
- Team of x110 across our three offices in NYC (5th Avenue), Istanbul & Berlin
- First company to target Health and Safety use cases with AI, ML & Computer Vision (disruptive technology + untapped green-field opportunity)
- Global enterprise account wins via LinkedIn content/in-bound alone
- Privacy by design - We annomise all employees data (GDPR compliant + SOC2)
- Saving lives whilst significantly reducing revenue loss for our customers!
What do we offer?
- Hybrid Work - Remote + NYC office (530, Fifth Avenue)
- Employee Stock Option Package
- Comprehensive Family Medical Insurance, Dental & Vision
- 401(k) via Guideline (Employer matching: 100% of contributions on the first 4% deferred)
- Life Insurance
- Parental Leave: x20 weeks (Birthing parent) + x12 weeks (Non-birthing parent)
- Annual Learning & Development Stipend
- x30 days vacation + public holidays
- Zoom meeting with our VP, People - intenseye Introduction (45 mins)
- Zoom meeting with our CEO - GTM Overview (45 mins)
- Onsite meeting at NYC office with our CEO/Leadership Team (120 mins)
- Reference + Background Checks
Saving lives and changing the industry with AI-powered health and safety!
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO)
Intenseye is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.