Global technology companies use incident.io to empower teams to run incidents from start to finish, by getting the right people involved in real-time on Slack.
Our platform integrates with tools you already use, with intuitive workflows and guiding actions to support your team through tough situations. Auto-generated timelines and post-mortems eliminate busy work and focuses effort on high impact work.
Rapidly fix and learn from incidents, so you can build more resilient products.
This is an exciting opportunity to join as our first dedicated Product Designer to work alongside our first Designer and our growing Product Development team (Engineering, Product & Data).
This position will enable us to get even more done, helping us ship high quality user experiences whilst maintaining our fast pace and playing a part in defining how we do product design at incident.io.
The Product Development team are all product people who enjoy building stuff together that make our users happy and having fun while doing it. They are opinionated about what makes a user experience good or bad and want ours to be in the ‘good’ category. They regularly talk to customers to make sure we’re shipping valuable, usable features.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing user experiences: we’re regularly adding big new features to our product and iterating on existing ones. You’ll be helping us make sure these are usable, delightful and consistent.
- Working cross-functionally: you’ll be working closely with our existing Designer, wider Product Development team and anyone else in the business that you need in order to do your best work. Expect to be around a whiteboard jamming on initial ideas, pairing on the last bits of polish before we ship something new, and everything in between.
- Developing working best practices: you’ll be helping establish how product design gets done at incident.io How do we work? What tools do we use? There’s a lot to figure out together!
- Getting in front of customers: everyone is in our community Slack, and is encouraged to speak to customers and join in the conversations. Customers love it, and we think it makes us better at what we do.
This role could be ideal for you if you:
- Have experience creating design work necessary for a product using Figma, whether it is wire-framing user journeys, designing new icons or writing copy.
- Have worked on multiple products, working on at least one product for long enough that you’ve seen the consequences of your design decisions over the longer term.
- Care about communication that’s hard to misinterpret and helps things get done.
- Care about quality but appreciate trade-offs are necessary to move quickly and have impact.
- Are comfortable sharing unpolished ideas early on and believe your designs are improved by input from others.
- Are curious about the product you’re working on and take a keen interest in what goes on in other teams across the business.
Our commitment to diversity
Got a question?
Something looks off?