Do you want to build a tastier future? We are looking for a mission-driven & reliable Facility Specialist to join us 🦆. Come and bring your skills to the table!
GOURMEY is one of Europe's leading cultivated meat companies with global ambitions. Our vision is to create sustainable cultivated meat delights directly from animal cells for a conscious generation. We believe in a world where succulence can share a table with a positive impact and that cutting-edge technology combined with culinary arts can help us get there.
From engineers, and scientists to culinary experts, we’re building an international team that shares the same passion for positive change. Currently a team of 60 Gourmates, we have dozens of nationalities at the table! Our differences are our strengths and our common language is food.
At GOURMEY, you will play a crucial role in managing and maintaining the physical environment of our different company premises, including our Laboratories and pilot plants. We will rely on you to keep our facilities in perfect working order.
You will report to the Head of Technical Operations and will work closely with the R&D teams and Office manager. You will join a team of 3 people.
What will you be responsible for?
- Facility Maintenance:
- Coordinate maintenance & repairs: This includes overseeing contractors, scheduling repairs, and ensuring that all equipment and systems are functioning correctly.
- Ensure and follow up with maintenance contracts (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc)
- Perform minor repair work including fixing leaks, patching walls, changing light bulbs, etc.
- Inventory & Supplies support:
- Support the team in managing inbound and outbound deliveries, ensuring they are timely and accurate. This includes moving furniture & appliances in the right facility/ premise and transfer of equipment/consumables from the storage boxes to our facilities
- Assist in maintaining a well-organized inventory of supplies in coordination with the rest of the LabOps team.
- Coordination with Service Providers:
- Coordinate schedules with external maintenance and service suppliers both for the Labs and Office (e.g., AC maintenance, liquid nitrogen maintenance, biological & non-biological waste management).
- Support in guiding service providers on site, ensuring services are performed on schedule and any disruptions are managed efficiently.
- Safety and Cleanliness:
- Ensure that all areas are kept well-organized and safe according to our health and safety rules, and free from obstructions or dangerous materials
- Report any major maintenance issues or hazards to the supervisor promptly.
- Record Keeping (Labs and office):
- Assist in administrative tasks such as filing service reports and maintaining records of maintenance activities, visitor log books etc.
- Communication & Administrative support:
- Support in communicating internally about scheduled maintenance or service activities.
- Management of security and access control of the badges.
- In coordination with the office manager, organize office furniture, create and update seating plans and accommodate the changing needs of the company.
Deft hands and technical knowledge are important parts of the job. You will need strong general repair skills & a great sense of organization. A keen eye for detail and physical stamina are greatly valued. Please note that a driving license is mandatory for this role.
- Previous experience in facility management & maintenance in a laboratory environment, Biotechs/ foodtech industry.
- Ability to carry out physical tasks and perform maintenance tasks in professional facilities
- Proficient in using management and logistics software.
- Good organizational and communication skills in French and English.
- Ability to work in a team, pro-active and strong listening skills
- Laptop maintenance knowledge could be a plus
What do we offer?
You will join a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with a global ambition to build the future of food through cutting-edge technologies in an inclusive work environment valuing the importance of work-life balance, we offer:
- Participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee Stock option plan)
- 25 days of paid leave + 8 extra days (called “RTT” in France) + Whit Monday offered as a paid holiday
- Flexible remote work
- An attractive company health insurance and work-life balance monitoring
- Since we are all foodies, we also offer a great kitchen, daily meal vouchers, and fresh fruits and nuts delivered weekly.
- Furthermore, we support sustainable transportation and offer extra compensation to those who cycle to work.
What is our recruitment process?
Inclusiveness is at the heart of everything we do at GOURMEY. By being transparent about each step of the process, and why we do things the way we do, we believe we can give all candidates a foretaste of GOURMEY’s culture. During the process, you will meet some of your team members in different parts of the recruitment process which will look like this:
- Interviews with our Talent Acquisition Manager, future colleagues, and manager in French & English.
- An interview on-site to meet part of the team and visit the labs & office.
Want to know more about us?
We are a science, purpose and engineering-driven company, founded in 2019 and now entering its next phase of growth after our recent fundraising.
We are dedicated to creating breakthrough technologies that will help address and push the boundaries of what’s possible – delivering innovations that benefit people and the planet. If you want to know more, have a look at our LinkedIn page, Career Site, Glassdoor reviews as well as the many press reviews (Bloomberg; Forbes).