Laboratory Logistics Manager
Do you want to build a tastier future through cutting-edge technologies? We are looking for a mission-driven, creative, and committed Lab Operations Assistant to join us 🦆. Come and bring your skills to the table!
GOURMEY is one of Europe's leading cultivated meat companies with global ambitions. Our vision is to create sustainable cultivated meat delights directly from animal cells for a conscious generation. We believe in a world where succulence can share a table with a positive impact and that cutting-edge technology combined with culinary arts can help us get there.
From engineers, scientists to culinary experts, we’re building an international team that shares the same passion for positive change. Currently a team of 50 Gourmates, we have dozens of nationalities at the table! Our differences are our strengths and our common language is food.
As Gourmey’s Lab Operations Assistant, you will be part of the Lab Operations team (3 people). You will provide essential routine support and assist in coordinating the technical operations of the laboratories.
What will you be responsible for?
Your principal missions will be:
- Place and track orders of lab supplies (consumables, reagents, equipment…etc) for the different laboratory departments
- Receive, stock, notify, and keep an inventory of lab supplies in the different storage rooms/locations
- Encode & follow up invoices in conjunction with CFOs
- Resolve supplier/invoice issues
- Prepare shipments when needed
Your secondary missions will be:
- Work closely with the lab operations manager to optimize equipment acquisition, maintenance, validation
- Keep inventory of lab equipment
- Assist with waste management
- Help with administrative lab tasks when needed
The ideal candidate will have a high level of organization, be a good multi-tasker, and a strong communicator. They will be proactive in ensuring the proper logistics and assisting the technical operations of the labs in a dynamic environment and
with many different team members. They will work closely with the Laboratory manager, the Head of labs & the CFO
What about you?
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of the organization of a storage site & managing inventory and supply.
- Good understanding of laboratory information systems and automated laboratory equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in the biomedical field, laboratory field, or any relevant field will be a plus.
- Ability to collaborate with and mediate between all team members (good communication).
- You have strong attention to detail, an efficient and self-organized working style, a strong work ethic, and self-motivation.
- A critical thinker with Fluency in English and French is mandatory, written and spoken.
What do we offer?
You will join a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with a global ambition to build the future of food through cutting-edge technologies in an inclusive work environment valuing the importance of work-life balance, we offer:
- Participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee Stock option plan)
- 25 days of paid leave + 8 extra days (called “RTT” in France) + Whit Monday offered as a paid holiday
- An attractive company health insurance and work-life balance monitoring
- Since we are all foodies, we also offer a great kitchen, daily meal vouchers, and fresh fruits and nuts delivered weekly.
- Furthermore, we support sustainable transportation and offer extra compensation to those who cycle to work.
What is our recruitment process?
Inclusiveness is at the heart of everything we do at GOURMEY. By being transparent about each step of the process, and why we do things the way we do, we believe we can give all candidates a foretaste of GOURMEY’s culture. During the process, you will meet some of your team members in different parts of the recruitment process which will look like this:
- Interviews with our talent Acquisition Manager, future manager, and colleagues.
- A remote case study in English to give you a taste of what we are working on at GOURMEY.
- A last interview on-site (when possible) to meet part of the team and visit the labs & office.
Want to know more about us?
We are a science, purpose, and engineering-driven company, founded in 2019 and now entering its next phase of growth after our recent fundraising.
We are dedicated to creating breakthrough technologies that will help address and push the boundaries of what’s possible – delivering innovations that benefit people and the planet. If you want to know more, have a look at our LinkedIn page, Career Site, and Glassdoor reviews as well as the many press reviews (Bloomberg; Forbes).