Data Science Intern
Do you want to build a tastier future through cutting-edge technologies? We are looking for a mission-driven, creative, and committed Data Science Intern to join us 🦆. Come and bring your skills to the table!
GOURMEY is one of Europe's leading cultivated meat companies with global ambitions. Our vision is to create sustainable cultivated meat delights directly from animal cells for a conscious generation. We believe in a world where succulence can share a table with a positive impact and that cutting-edge technology combined with culinary arts can help us get there.
From engineers, scientists to culinary experts, we’re building an international team that shares the same passion for positive change. Currently a team of 50 Gourmates, we have dozens of nationalities at the table! Our differences are our strengths and our common language is food.
At GOURMEY, you will report directly to Remy Kusters - GOURMEY’s Senior data scientist. The internship can start as early as possible. The required length of the internship is 6 months.
What will you be responsible for?
As a Data Science intern, you will join our fast-moving team and support the Data and Discovery team on a large range of transverse projects
- Writing data automation scripts and workflow automation for all the lab operations.
- Support the R&D, scale-up, and manufacturing teams with automating data-intensive tasks and data analytics.
- Work with Gourmey’s data management system to provide full traceability of all R&D, scale-up, and manufacturing operations.
- You are fully proficient in Python and have experience with SQL and JSON.
- Currently enrolled in a master's program in data science or engineering.
- Experience with scripting for data automation.
- Bioinformatics experience is a plus.
- You have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and in a structured way.
- Be a reliable, agile, and quick-thinking member of our team.
- You are fluent in English.
You will join a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with a global ambition to build the future of food through cutting-edge technologies in an inclusive work environment valuing the importance of work-life balance, we offer:
- €900-1,000 remuneration, depending on your previous experiences
- An attractive company health insurance and work-life balance monitoring
- Since we are all foodies, we also offer a great kitchen, daily meal vouchers, and fresh fruits and nuts delivered weekly.
- Furthermore, we support sustainable transportation and offer extra compensation to those who cycle to work.
What is our recruitment process?
Inclusiveness is at the heart of everything we do at GOURMEY. By being transparent about each step of the process, and why we do things the way we do, we believe we can give all candidates a foretaste of GOURMEY’s culture.
During the process, you will meet some of your team members in different parts of the recruitment process which will look like this:
- 30mn call with our Talent Acquisition Manager.
- A hiring manager interview with your future manager Rémy.
- A last interview on-site (when possible) to meet part of the team and visit the labs & office.