Senior Bioprocess Engineer - Pilot
Want to build a tastier future through cutting-edge technologies? We are looking for a mission-driven, creative, and committed Senior Bioprocess Engineer to join us 🦆. Come and bring your skills to the table!
GOURMEY is one of Europe's leading cultivated meat companies with global ambitions. Our vision is to create sustainable cultivated meat delights directly from animal cells for a conscious generation. We believe in a world where succulence can share a table with positive impact and that cutting-edge technology combined with culinary arts can help us get there From engineers or scientists to culinary experts, we’re building an international team that shares the same passion for positive change. Currently a team of 50 Gourmates, we have dozens of nationalities at the table! Our differences are our strengths and our common language is food.
At GOURMEY, you will report directly to Candice Claire Yang, Team Lead of Bioprocess.
What will you be responsible for?
As a Bioprocess Engineer, you will join a team that is in charge of producing the first commercial batch of cultivated Foie Gras.
- Carry out operations in the USP pilot team and supervise operators for day-to-day pilot operations for testing, validating, and manufacturing batches of cell culture
- Support execution of pilot scale tests and report our results
- Generates and manages data to support the identification of process trends and support KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Provide hands-on technical support as process SME during tech transfer and scale-up activities
- Support troubleshooting and mitigation efforts
- Will work closely with external vendors to design, test, and implement new technologies
- Carry out development tests, scaling up for industrialization:
- Preparation of the tests (including drafting of the protocol),
- Realization (including completion of the associated documents) and
- Writing of the associated report
- Author critical process documents such as batch records and SOP writing and revising
- Work collaboratively with the R&D Bioprocess team, regulatory team, and QA team
What about you?
- 7+ years of proven practical experience with suspension culture cells at pilot scale (200L)
- Strong communicator with previous technology transfer experience
- Meaningful experience of SOP writing and revisions
- Working knowledge of GMP manufacturing, quality standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Experience with biomass harvesting is a plus
- Passionate about GOURMEY’s mission to bring to market delicious and sustainable foods through innovation
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Experience with statistical tools/DOE for experimental design or process optimization
- A data-driven individual with strong communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality results
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. We are an international team, no need to speak French
- Enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and self-motivation; a sense of ownership and responsibility to drive outcomes. We welcome positive, can-do attitudes
What do we offer?
You will join a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with a global ambition to build the future of food through cutting-edge technologies in an inclusive work environment. valuing the importance of work-life balance,
- A competitive salary and participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee Stock option plan)
- 25 days of paid leave + 8 extra days (called “RTT” in France) + Whit Monday offered as a paid holiday
- Fresh fruits and nuts are delivered weekly. Since we are foodies, we also offer a great kitchen and daily meal vouchers
- A competitive company health insurance and work-life balance monitoring
- Extra compensation if you cycle to work
What is our recruitment process?
Inclusiveness is at the heart of everything we do at GOURMEY. By being transparent about each step of the process, and why we do things the way we do, we believe we can give all candidates a foretaste of GOURMEY’s culture. During the process, you will meet some of your team members in different parts of the recruitment process which will look like this:
- Interviews with our Talent Acquisition Manager, future colleagues, and manager.
- A remote case study in English to give you a taste of what we are working on at GOURMEY
- A last interview on-site (when possible) to meet part of the team and visit the labs & office
Want to know more about us?
We are a science, purpose, and engineering-driven company, founded in 2019 and now entering its next phase of growth after our recent fundraising.
We are dedicated to creating breakthrough technologies that will help address and push the boundaries of what’s possible – delivering innovations that benefit people and the planet. If you want to know more, have a look at our LinkedIn page, Career Site, and Glassdoor reviews as well as the many press reviews (Bloomberg; Forbes).