Developer Support Engineer
Gladly is the only customer service software built around people, not tickets. Gladly applies AI differently, to help brands deliver radically personal customer service at scale, enabling consumers to help themselves and turning customer service agents into heroes by making them more productive. Every conversation starts with a real-time understanding of the customer. With every channel built-in – voice, email, SMS, chat, social messaging, self-service – companies have one, lifelong conversation stream with their customers. The world’s most loved brands including Allbirds, Bombas, Crate & Barrel, Ulta Beauty, and Warby Parker leverage Gladly to build lifelong loyal customers.
Our team loves working at Gladly because of its people, continuous growth opportunities, all in commitment to DEIB, collaboration, and culture.
About This Role: We are seeking a talented and motivated Developer Support Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a Developer Support Engineer, you will play a crucial role in providing technical support to our customers and assisting them in resolving complex technical issues and guiding them on development / integration best practices. You will work closely with our support, professional services, engineering, and product teams to ensure a seamless customer experience and contribute to the improvement of our products based on customer feedback and inquiries.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide best practices to customers looking for guidance on how to build applications / integrations and reports utilizing Gladly’s REST APIs, data and other development tools
- Provide timely and effective technical support to our customers via various communication utilizing email and fulfill monthly submission quotas in our fast-paced support team
- On-call support during business hours - handling escalations for high-priority inquiries & Gladly incidents and compiling root cause analyses
- Create and maintain detailed technical and reporting documentation, knowledge base articles, and FAQs to help customers and internal teams find solutions independently
- Create public code samples to illustrate how best to use Gladly’s REST APIs, SDKs, and tools
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, product updates, and emerging technologies to continuously improve your technical knowledge
- Update internal tools and write productivity scripts using Node.js
- Conduct product training sessions for developers to enhance their understanding and usage of our product
Who You Are:
You are based in the US East Coast/ EST time zone.
As a Developer Support Engineer at Gladly you will need a strong understanding of programming languages, web technologies, and software development methodologies.
You’ll thrive in this position if:
- You enjoy writing quick scripts to improve productivity for the wider team(s), and have a penchant for teaching others how to best use APIs, SDKs and architect their solutions.
- You are a quick, independent, and proactive learner, curious about how technology works, and enjoy getting in the weeds to learn about how systems connect to one another.
- You are responsive, quick on your feet and enjoy working with technically minded customers.
- You’re a great communicator - both during meetings and in writing.
You should be familiar with the following technologies**:**
- Node.js: scripting proficiency
- REST APIs: Experience with building scripts using documentation from REST APIs
- Data models: Experience with understanding data models; some experience with building custom reports (e.g.: SQL, Looker) preferred
- Logging software (e.g.: SumoLogic): Ability to create queries and find required logs
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- 1+ years of Developer Support/Engineering experience
- Familiarity with debugging tools, version control systems, and issue-tracking systems
- Ability to manage tasks and support inquiries autonomously
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills, with the ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- A customer-focused mindset with a passion for delivering high-quality support
- Commitment to securing customer and Gladly confidential information, including proactive engagement with Gladly co-workers to raise awareness of potential security issues, concerns, or areas of improvement
Compensation: $99,000 to $122,000 per annum base salary + equity + benefits
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Working at Gladly:
Putting people first is kind of our thing. Not only is it at the core of our product, but shapes our overall culture at Gladly—from our approach to hiring, to our benefits, and how we think about our place in the community.
We have embraced remote work and make it easy for our team to work from anywhere, but we also invest in opportunities to get the teams together in person regularly.
We have a strong work ethic, but value life outside of work, too.
- We win as one team: We believe the most important focus for us as a team is making the company successful.
- We are successful when our customers succeed: We are committed to understanding the needs and expectations of our customers. We provide an exceptional product along with expertise and insight to help achieve their goals.
- We believe in challenging the status quo: We know that our greatest strength is our ability to cultivate a growth mindset focused on reinventing customer service.
- We value underdog grit: Success isn't always about having the most resources or the most experience; it's about having the determination and grit to keep pushing forward especially when it’s hard.
- We strive to make every shot count: We will never have enough “shots on goal” so we strive to make every project, feature, customer presentation, the best it can be.
- We embrace transparency: We know the best outcomes come from collaboration followed by communication of and commitment to the decision.
Our focus is on people and that starts with our employees. As an employee you can count on:
- Competitive salaries, stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Generous paid time off
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Home office stipends
Founded in 2014 by a team of repeat entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits, Gladly is reinventing customer service. By focusing on customers instead of tickets, we are disrupting a $70B market and are proud to count Crate and Barrel, Warby Parker and many other innovative brands as customers. Gladly has raised over $110M from Greylock Partners, NEA, GGV Capital, Glynn Capital and JetBlue Tech Ventures.
Gladly has made the decision to become a fully distributed company, allowing employees to live anywhere in the United States, and candidates to come from nearly any geographical region. That said, we also highly value our collaborative and creative culture and commit to meeting in real life as a company at least once per quarter when it is safe to do so.