Senior Product Designer
Gladly is the radically personal customer service platform that puts people at the center of a single, lifelong conversation. We enable brands to talk to their customers the way people talk to their friends: seamlessly across voice, email, SMS, chat, and social media. Unlike legacy customer service software designed around tickets or cases, Gladly is centered around people and conversation history to build deeper relationships between brands and their consumers, grow loyalty and drive revenue. Some of the world’s most loved consumer brands like Nordstrom, Crate & Barrel, REI, Warby Parker, and Allbirds have called Gladly’s platform game-changing, transforming their customer service into world-class customer experience.
We're looking for a Sr. Product Designer to join our Hero team, which is responsible for the experience that customer service agents (we call them heroes) have using Gladly. Our product teams are led by a product manager, designer, and engineering manager, and are organized around personas, which helps us create a long-term vision and build toward that. We draw inspiration from consumer apps and messaging experiences, and heroes love how quickly they ramp up. And with a range of powerful AI features, we see heroes getting the context and support they need to focus on the customer and build a connection. This is a great opportunity to work on a tool for superusers who rely on it every day, all day long, to connect with customers who need their help. We’d ideally find a new teammate who takes complex problems and guides towards simple and intuitive solutions, who generates new ideas quickly and is excited to seek out feedback, iterate, and partner with other teams to drive impact.
What things might look like for you at Gladly:
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, design peers, and key stakeholders
- Craft, run, and synthesize user research sessions with your PM partner to inform long-term and near-term decisions
- Create prototypes, flows, and mockups that help your team align on the direction and deliver an amazing product
- Inform product strategy and future vision-setting for the team and broader product
- Help the team tell a compelling story of the product and where it is heading
A few projects you could be working on:
- Helping customer support heroes gain the context they need to provide incredible support
- Imagining how AI can enhance a hero’s workflow
- Exploring new ways to make Gladly intuitive for first-time and long-time heroes
- Making it easy for heroes to work as a team to help resolve issues and inspire loyalty
Please reach out if you:
- Have 4+ years of experience as a product designer
- Are able to work independently while also building in feedback loops and bringing collaborators along
- Communicate your thoughts, process, and goals clearly with a range of audiences
- Know what great visual and interaction design looks like, and care about delivering that in your work
- Love tackling hard problems and coming up with powerfully simple solutions
Please provide a portfolio to give us a window into your work. Cover letters are not required.
Research has shown that individuals from marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs where they don't meet 100% of the criteria. Gladly values the diversity of experience, so if you believe you have the right skill set, we welcome you to apply - even if you don't check every box in the job description. We're committed to an inclusive workplace and would love to see if you could be the next great addition to our team.
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
At Gladly we value:
Putting people first. We built our product putting people at the heart of it all. And we've taken the same approach to building our company.
Focusing on the customer. We treat our customers' goals as our own, and we work hard to achieve them.
Being humble and hungry. We applaud initiative and value leadership — but we also believe that nobody is above emptying the metaphorical dishwasher.
Always learning. Everyone's personal best is ahead of them. Seeking new ways to grow is what keeps us motivated.
Owning it. We encourage everyone to seek and share feedback, take calculated risks, and learn from their mistakes.
Communicating it. With an open and transparent culture, collaboration becomes a lifestyle and everyone has a voice.
Our focus is on people and that starts with our employees. As an employee you can count on:
- Competitive salaries, stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Home office stipend
Gladly has made the decision to become a full distributed company, allowing employees to live anywhere in the United States, and candidates to come from nearly any geographical region. That said, we also highly value our collaborative and creative culture and commit to meeting in real life as a company at least once per quarter when it is safe to do so.
Gladly is closely monitoring the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). With a focus on employee safety, our current policy is that all employees be fully vaccinated and boostered against COVID-19 with an FDA-approved vaccine and provide proof or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Founded in 2014 by a team of repeat entrepreneurs with multiple successful exits, Gladly is reinventing customer service. By managing customers instead of tickets, we are disrupting a $70B market and are proud to count Warby Parker, Crate and Barrel and many other innovative brands as customers. Gladly has raised over $110M from Greylock Partners, NEA, GGV Capital, Glynn Capital and JetBlue Tech Ventures.