Engineering Manager - Core Domain
At Factorial we're looking for a hands-on Engineering Manager to help us take our Documents team to the next level and who likes to make a real impact by working close to the business.
Ready to be part of the challenge? 🚀
Documents Team 🦸🏼♂️
The Documents team's mission is to provide companies with the document management system they need to streamline all paperwork most efficiently and help them save time to invest it in other higher-value activities.
Sitting within the 🌋 Core Group, you lay the foundations for external and internal users to extract and deliver value from our platform. The role requires full ownership of your area, a self-starter attitude, dealing with uncertainty and combining a strategic product mindset with a focus on execution and urgency. If you feel as if you belong in a product-first company, want to work with a world-class team of designers and developers, and deliver the future of B2B software, we should talk!
The Engineering team at large
At Factorial, we have a team of +150 very talented fullstack developers. We look for smart people who are curious, proactive and have good soft/communication skills.
We are not looking for a long list of skills and technologies. Our stack is Ruby on Rails for the backend and React/React-native for the clients, but it’s not mandatory to be proficient in those to be considered (most of the team came with other areas of expertise which is very enriching). We believe that someone who has good aptitudes and is hungry for learning is what works best.
If you’re looking for new challenges in a people-first company, keep reading!
As an Engineer Manager in the Documents team, you will be responsible for hiring and coaching the engineers to achieve the team's goals.
- You have managed people before and have experience guiding engineers into a successful careers.
- You have participated actively in hiring processes, bringing top talent to the organization.
- You are comfortable cooperating with other teams and building the fundamentals of service.
- Whenever you disagree with a peer, you engage in a Socratic exchange, prioritizing finding a solution over winning arguments.
- +5 years of experience working as a full-stack developer or a similar position.
- +3 years of experience leading teams.
- You have a deep understanding of APIs (REST, graphQL and similar) and you are able to create integrations with other back-end systems.
- You think consistency, performance, quality and scalability are more than buzzwords and have a deep real meaning that needs to translate to products and services.
At Factorial we don't evaluate you by the years of experience you have, we evaluate your knowledge and skills.
How? We have a Career Path with a rubric framework where we define what is expected for each experience level and skill. This framework allows you to know at which level you're right now and what you need to keep growing. As we love transparency, our Career Path includes the salaries for each level and we share it during the first interview to make sure we're aligned.
For this level position, the start annual gross salary is 60,000€ regardless of your location. This includes a base salary of 51,000€ and a variable pay of up to 9,000€ paid monthly, depending on the company's goals.
What will work be like?
- You will start the onboarding with a buddy that will guide you through some non-critical tasks to get used to the codebase.
- After two weeks, you will get the first initiative that you will do pairing with a colleague.
- You will learn about the business, the whole customer journey, and start working with the team to draft a roadmap.
- You will participate in weekly meetings with your team to discuss what to work on next and propose new ideas.
- You will participate in reviewing the RFCs your team produces, giving feedback, and proposing alternatives in order to achieve the team's goals.
- You will hire members of the team, ensuring that we bring talented and good-hearted humans.
- You will constantly think how to make your team better and improve processes.
- You will engage in weekly 1:1s, focusing on the development of the members of the team and their well-being.
- You will engage with other engineering managers to coordinate initiatives that impact several teams.
Perks of being part of our team 😏
- Every engineer has a yearly learning budget of 1.000€ 📚
- Flexible working hours: Within range of the typical European timezones (GMT +/- 4), you own your schedule! ⏰
- Online language classes available with Yolk Academy 👩🏻🏫
- Private health insurance with Alan 🩺
- Save on meal/transport with Cobee 💸
- Save on gym membership and more with Gympass 🧘🏽♀️
- Get the most out of your salary with Payflow
- Bike discounts with Kleta 🚲
And when at the office:
- Syra Coffee and Apeteat discounts. 🍱
- Breakfast, organic fruit, caffeine and theine 🍏
- Pet-friendly office. 🐶
Is this you?! Come rock the world with us! 🚀 We #betonpeople 💜
About Factorial HR 🤓
Factorial is an company management software fast-growing startup founded in 2016. Our mission is to help companies automate HR workflows, centralise people data and make better business decisions. We currently serve thousands of customers in over 60 countries all over the world and across industries. We’ve built a super diverse and multicultural team of over +700 people in Barcelona, Brazil, Mexico and EEUU offices, in addition to the 150+ engineering team that is spread across the globe.
Do you want to know more about us? We've won awards and received outstanding customer feedback since day one. We’ve recently raised 120M€ in our series C funding, bringing us to unicorn valuation with top international venture capital firms (Atomico, Tiger, CRV, Creandum, K Fund to name a few).
The hiring process
If you apply, here’s what to expect:
- A first conversation with Raquel, our People Business Partner. It will be about comparing our expectations and making sure we match on a human level.
- A second conversation with the team’s engineering director. Similarly to the first one, this is about making sure you are a fit and can work together.
- A tech interview with 3 Factorial engineers: that’s a conversation about technology, not an exam or a code review. We’ll ask you to send us a piece of code you’ve written recently and you’re happy with, to use as a basis for the conversation. If you don’t have anything we’ll share some specifications for you to build, but the focus will be on how you think, not the exact code.
- And that’s it! Feel free to request any other conversation you want, with team members or to address specific concerns at any time in the process.
The whole process is remote, using videoconferencing tools!