Senior Customer Support Engineer
About the opportunity
Contentful’s Customer Support Engineers are at the forefront of assisting our customers with building websites, apps, and other digital experiences using cutting-edge technologies. Through ticket-based assistance, we are seeking an experienced Senior Customer Support Engineer who can identify, qualify and research Contentful-related issues that users experience, and then troubleshoot and help resolve those issues.
By providing this assistance, and escalating issues when necessary to our Professional Services or Engineering teams, our Customer Support Engineers give our customers confidence that their needs are represented and addressed. Many of our customers rely on Contentful to power their public websites, mobile apps, and other mission-critical parts of their business, and our Customer Support Engineers play a vital role in enabling them to do so successfully.
What to expect?
- A spirited group from around the globe, we keep things light-hearted while also solving difficult customer situations and optimizing internal processes
- Intellectual curiosity and interpersonal relationship skills are core to what we do; we seek to understand the “why” and not just the “what”
- Keep abreast of new products, product features, and customer adoption scenarios - collaborating with the Professional Services and Product Engineering teams. Develop engaging, accurate, in-depth enablement content that helps make our consultants successful and drive the adoption of Contentful products
- We practice empathy and the art of anticipating customer needs
What you need to be successful?
- We are seeking a self-motivated Senior Support Engineer with a positive and collaborative engagement style. A team player who actively contributes to the Customer and Technical outcomes. Key to this role is your ability to work both independently, and part of an integrated global support team.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with a direct contribution as a Senior Support Engineer within a faced paced Support environment
- Experience in customer-facing processes and tools like; a ticketing system, in-app chat, shift handover, on-call coverage, service level agreements, escalation process, and incident response
- Experience working with APIs and API-based SaaS integrations
- A good understanding of how web applications and mobile apps are built and work
- Confidence with common UNIX-like command-line tools
- A track record of getting things done in an environment that combines collaboration and individual responsibility
- Ability to read and interpret server logs and process them to aggregate/analyze data
- An understanding of Agile processes and experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to clearly explain concepts and produce example code that complements these concepts
- As a senior member of the team, you will assist with escalated tickets and provide support and mentorship to our trainee, level 1 and level 2 Engineers
- Customer-centered, high level of empathy, and cross-functional collaboration mindset
- Results-oriented; team focused
- Experienced in working with global teams, open to cultural and thought diversity
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital products
- Significant possibilities for personal and professional growth
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- We will cover a monthly Communications stipend to cover business-related costs associated with mobile phone rate plans and home internet
- Pension Scheme - We will contribute a percentage of your gross annual earnings to a pension fund referred to as a “Superannuation Fund”
- Contentful offers an optional private medical insurance benefit with the largest network of providers in Australia
- We set you up for success, equipping you with the best hardware to learn and do your best work!
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and team activities, supporting learning exchange beyond the usual work duties
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.
Something looks off?