Senior Customer Success Manager
About the opportunity
As a Senior Customer Success Manager in the Asia-Pacific region, you will work directly with Contentful customers to ensure they maximize value from our platform and deliver a stellar customer experience as their trusted advisor. You will partner closely with our Sales, Product Partner Organization, and Professional Services teams. You will help our customers achieve both their technical and business goals while driving retention and growth for Contentful. You will also amplify the voices of the customers in your region internally by driving continuous feedback into our Product, Engineering, and Customer Experience teams on ways we can better serve our customers. Contentful is growing our presence in APJ and ANZ so this is an exciting opportunity to establish the foundation for this region and drive its success.
What to expect?
- Continue onboarding new customers and lead cross-functionally with sales and professional services to ensure value expectations are aligned and achieved from the beginning
- Understand and advise customers’ priorities with Contentful, capture and communicate KPIs and outcomes through a defined path to maturity and success
- Proactively monitor and engage customers to drive increased value from Contentful’s platform
- The ideal candidate will act as a “player-coach” able to drive success in the details, but also have the bigger picture of overall company growth
- Build and own relationships across a full book of business and embody the trusted advisor role
- Drive product adoption, customer satisfaction, and overall influence on customer health scores
- Lead effective and consistent customer Business Reviews based on the defined Business Review rubric
- Deliver Product Roadmaps to customers and walk through the functionality
- Proactively nurture customer accounts to identify revenue expansion opportunities and ensure successful renewals
- Flag and proactively mitigate risks within a book of business
- Translate customer insights into actionable feedback for our product and go-to-market teams and follows up on progress and collaboration with PMs
- Prioritize accounts to focus efforts based on perceived risk, potential growth, strategic value, and renewal timeframe
- Spearhead and organize community events and customer visits
- Prepare to travel ~25% annually for customer onsite meetings
What you need to be successful?
- 7+ years of experience in customer-facing roles such as Customer Success Associate/Manager, Technical Account Manager, Solution Engineer, or similar. Ideally, as a part of a SaaS organization
- Needs to be a self-starter, able to navigate uncertain and matrixed environments
- Experience in growing SaaS business in APJ is critical given the unique nature of the APJ dynamic and ecosystem.
- Strong cross-functional participation and collaboration as a key team player
- Ability to marshal resources internally that may be in other locations and time zones to ensure the success of Customers in the region
- History building alignment and relationships with both technical and business users, both at the individual contributor and the executive level
- Meet and exceed expectations with significant autonomy and independence
- Ability to understand Contentful APIs, as well as the modern content management and digital experience stack
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills, with an ability to weave data analysis into storytelling
- Ability to prioritize and manage time and competing requests effectively
- Independently uses Contentful data tools to engage in meaningful, proactive customer discussions and in some instances, crafts custom queries and reports (in data tools)
- Support broader CSM team as needed through various channels
- Commitment to create, maintain and drive the path forward with a personal development plan
- Identifies opportunities for internal thought leadership discussions
- Experience with content management systems is a bonus
- Experience leading teams is also a bonus, as we expect this role to grow into a leader in the business as we expand
What's in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time! A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub, structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
“Everyone is welcome here” is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
with any information you may have.
By clicking “Apply for this job,” I acknowledge that I have read the “Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice”, and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.
Something looks off?