Senior Manager, Internal Communications
Blockchain technology is powering a growing wave of innovation. Businesses and governments around the world are using blockchains to make banking more efficient, connect with their customers, and investigate criminal cases. As adoption of blockchain technology grows, more and more organizations seek access to all this ecosystem has to offer. That’s where Chainalysis comes in. We provide complete knowledge of what’s happening on blockchains through our data, services, and solutions. With Chainalysis, organizations can navigate blockchains safely and with confidence.
Chainalysis is dedicated to enabling growth, building an inclusive environment, and providing a transparent culture where courage is rewarded to find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career. We’re determined to help and shape our employees to run fast with all the right information they need. Our job is to make sure Chainalysis has the right talent and framework in place to grow both quickly and thoughtfully.
The Senior Manager, Internal Communications will report to the Chief Operating Officer and is an expert at translating the Chainalysis vision and strategy into compelling content. You’ll be responsible for motivating and inspiring our employees to deliver on our strategy, build and carry our culture, and handle and navigate change through high quality communications. We measure success by the effectiveness of our strategic goals, objectives and key results that tie into our company mission, vision and values.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- You develop a deep understanding of our company strategy and have developed consistent and clear communications to help align and inspire our employees.
- You’ve developed key messages, including the organization's business objectives, values, mission and priorities, and have ensured communications materials effectively capture them
- You motivate employees and retain talent by celebrating successes and recognizing outstanding work and you are strong and positive voice in the way we communicate change across the business
- You are a trusted partner to executive leadership while also developing deeply collaborative business relationships with the communications and corporate functions team members
- You have planned and executed clear communications for town hall meetings, kickoffs and other internal communications events such as our company huddles
- You’ve owned and managed communication and change management strategies around company-wide initiatives that are consistent with the Chainalysis’ brand and messaging
- You’ve designed, drafted and produced a variety of communications and creative materials, including internal announcements and resources, executive talking points, newsletters and other related projects—all in a high-quality and timely manner.
- You have developed processes and templates to enable managers and team leaders to communicate consistently and effectively with their teams.
A background like this helps:
- You’re deeply interested in the strategic direction of a high-growth business and are intrigued by how internal communications and change management can drive company-wide results
- You’ve demonstrated a willingness to to work outside of established playbooks, innovate in big and small ways, and are unafraid to experiment at work
- You have expertise and experience in developing and executing change management strategies, communicating company strategy and celebrating and driving culture
- You’ve project managed, created content, and led all-hands meetings, leadership Q&A sessions, and internal newsletters/bulletins
- You’ve seen what a great internal communication function looks like at a high-growth/fast-paced company and at scale
- You have a data-driven mindset with a strong technical aptitude to drive insights using various tools such as Slack, Asana, Workday, GSuite, and Microsoft and you understand the metrics that matter to employee engagement as well as how to collect them (e.g. ROI, conversion rates, click-throughs, impressions, employee satisfaction, etc.)
- You’ve worked with global teams before and have some familiarity with cultural nuances as they relate to communications.
- You’ve developed strategic relationships cross-functionally with Corporate Functions, Communications, Employer Branding, Marketing, Product, Sales, and other segments of the business, and have worked directly with Executives
- You feel empowered by ambiguity and enjoy creating value from seemingly unsolvable problems and unassigned opportunities
This job listing may cover more than one job level. To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base salary ranges for all United States based job listings. We set standard base salary ranges for all roles based on function, level, and location, benchmarked against technology companies. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law. The salary range for this position is dependent on where you live within the United States. Chainalysis maintains two pay zones: Zone 1 includes team members in the New York City metro area and team members in the San Francisco Bay Area. Zone 2 encompasses all other parts of the United States. The salary ranges are:
Zone 1: $155,000- $205,000 - $255,000
Zone 2: $138,000 - $180,000 - $222,000
Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits. This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Harvey Milk Day, World Humanitarian Day, and UN International Migrants Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Something looks off?